Have you seen some of the comments from neutrals!?

I love this thread. Yesterday reaffirmed that football is the best sport that's ever been invented and the reactions from other fans proves it! Keep 'em coming lads and lasses!

Maybe you couldn't accurately describe them as neutrals but a wonderful comment on RAWK, on a thread about which non-LFC goal they've celebrated the most:

Whether "celebrated" is the apt word here, if you weren't even a little bit excited by the spectacle of watching a 93/4/5th minute winner go in to give a club their first league title in 44 years at the expense of their local rivals then I don't know if football is for you. Take us out of the equation, take the fact it was Man United they denied out of the picture, take the money and everything away and think about just that moment for a second, that after 38 games, it came down to the 93rd minute of the last one. Crazy. One of my best mates went when they got relegated to the 3rd tier, thinking of him bouncing today, will have been like Gerrard scoring THAT West Ham goal in '06.

Stand up if you hate m** u*****. - always guaranteed to break the ice and get the party started.

ChrisNUFC said:
yesterday was such an awesome day for football.

they way it happened (while sure it was not good for the old tickers) was stuff of fairy tales. one of those days in years to come where you will always remember where you were.

Never celebrated a non toon goal so much in my life, then to see the classless reaction of some of the rags just made it even better.

on behalf of all that is good in the world thank you

*STANDS AND APPLAUDES*
Thanks Newcastle

Loyalty rewarded for once. I for one know how lucky we are because few football fans will get to experience this. Though that 2nd half was truly painful

I loved it. Thats why football is the greatest sport in the world. The pure drama.

As I said in another thread, we'd all love to have the likes of Silva, Nasri and Aguero at our clubs, who wouldn't?

It's great to see to see supporters who were feeling that pure unadulterated joy. It was quality to see.

Hopefully we'll be a back in a few years and play you again.

Keep Right On

Thank you to all of the neutrals. I received so many congrats today from other fans. It really is appreciated.

And not only neutral fans love the fact that City won it. "Neutral" players too. Don't you think it's strange that as soon as the QPR players knew they were safe from relegation they let in two goals ?

Despite what the media and people like Colin Shindler tried telling us throughout the season (and even prematch yesterday), most neutrals still view City as they've always down. That will change if we have a decade of success, but at the moment were still the same club/fans we've always been to neutrals.

Every neutral I've talked with over last few years has been really pleased for us, just as we'd be pleased for clubs like Sunderland, Villa, Wolves and so on. We all know what football's really like.

I overheard an old guy talking with his wife in a cafe in Halifax early on Saturday and he told her that he was really looking forward to the football. Told her that 'everyone wants Manchester City to win' and he talked about the years of hurt City have had.

He did not support City, but he understood. Money wasn't mentioned - only the media and the most bitter/jealous of fans talk about that.

Thanks to all those neutrals who understand "this is what it feels to be City" - we share their highs and lows. City's money has enabled the League to open up a bit and now there are about 8 teams that can seriously challenge for Champs League qualification.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.