Have you seen some of the comments from neutrals!?

Have some mates in London who are Arsenal fans, 6 of them in their local which was packed out, one of them said the whole pub celebrated when we won it and also said they were so happy it was us and not the rags.

BillyMC said:
A scouse in the house said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
The bar I was in, in Boston, when we scored..... the Chelsea and Liverpool fans joined in..... it was madness!!!!!! A beautiful madness!!!!!

I was in the boozer with my LFC mates just down the road from Anfield. the place was packed and when you won it, we all went mad and then went on to party all night.

Well done City, the pride of Manchester, we from Liverpool salute you!

YNWA

Dennis wasnt with you was he?

na, he had to take his suit back to Matelan, as he'd bought keks that were size 56 waist and they were too small......much too small..... :)

Congratulations to all Citizens !! Due to illness I spent my Sunday afternoon not at Goodison watching my beloved Blues but camped in front of my TV flicking between SP1 , SP2 and Gillette Soccer Sunday ! Absolutely FANTASTIC !!!

City have always been my secret 2nd team, thanks to many Sunday afternoons in the 70's watching City and listening to Gerald Sinstadt purr over Bell, Summerbee, Lee etc etc. More importantly I genuinely admire your fans for the years of undying support during a time when UTD where winning lots of trophies and losing lots of friends ! In many ways you remind me of Everton ! I just wish someone from somewhere would buy us !!

I screamed the house down when Aguero scored, I loved looking at the jubilation and sheer joy on your supporters faces ! Then I sat watching the celebrations imagining if only that was us !
Well done guys, really really made up for you all !!

MSP said:
90% of neutrals loved it

I think 90% is an understatement...
Sunderland here
Our house went totally beserk... my 3yr old and 7yr old jumping all over...(and no.. they will not be converting !!) but yesterday was very very acceptable

I have never cheered a goal for a team I don't support as hard as I have when Aguero scored.

As a Liverpool fan, I know I have it a lot better than fans of other clubs. The 2005 Champions League final for example.

But we are now halfway to being in a 44-year title drought like you guys were. And realistically, there is no near end to that in sight.

Having to get up at 2am, 3am every weekend for 9 months is not always fun.

My wife doesn't understand why I would go through it, when she sees how miserable (particularly the last few years) it can make me.

One kick of the ball from Aguero reminded me why.

Sometimes you lose sight if why you do go through it - the highs, the lows - is it all worth it?

Seeing how happy so many people were when he scored that goal - that's the dream. It's what I desperately hope will return to LFC soon because everything fans go through is in the hope of just experiencing that pure moment of unbridled joy where all the shit, all the early mornings, the bad moods, the relentless crap you get off your mates can be forgotten.

I hope you City fans enjoy this moment for a long time.

People bag you out and say you're all bandwagoners and ex-Chelsea fans (I'm sure some are, but I'm sure the vast majority were born as City fans) but really, all clubs probably have them (United after 99, Chelsea from 2005, us after the Champions League win).

They also bag you out about buying the title when in reality, none of them would give a shit if some billionaire came to their club and did the same thing.

The fact all this happened to prevent United, the lovechild of Al-Qaeda and Hitler, win the title in the dying stages, Fergie's face etc - it couldn't have been more enjoyable to watch as a neutral.

I'm sure the whole of the non-Scum football world was riding the emotions with you.

Enjoy it for all it's worth.

LFCisme said:
I have never cheered a goal for a team I don't support as hard as I have when Aguero scored.

As a Liverpool fan, I know I have it a lot better than fans of other clubs. The 2005 Champions League final for example.

But we are now halfway to being in a 44-year title drought like you guys were. And realistically, there is no near end to that in sight.

My wife doesn't understand why I would go through it, when she sees how miserable (particularly the last few years) it can make me.

Sometimes you lose sight if why you do go through it - the highs, the lows - is it all worth it?

Seeing how happy so many people were when he scored that goal - that's the dream. It's what I desperately hope will return to LFC soon because everything fans go through is in the hope of just experiencing that pure moment of unbridled joy where all the shit, all the early mornings, the bad moods, the relentless crap you get off your mates can be forgotten.

People bag you out and say you're all bandwagoners and ex-Chelsea fans (I'm sure some are, but I'm sure the vast majority were born as City fans) but really, all clubs probably have them (United after 99, Chelsea from 2005, us after the Champions League win).

They also bag you out about buying the title when in reality, none of them would give a shit if some billionaire came to their club and did the same thing.

The fact all this happened to prevent United, the lovechild of Al-Qaeda and Hitler, win the title in the dying stages, Fergie's face etc - it couldn't have been more enjoyable to watch as a neutral.

I'm sure the whole of the non-Scum football world was riding the emotions with you.

Cheers fella, great post.

Tricky_Trev said:
LFCisme said:

Cheers fella, great post.

+1 Nice read

You beat me to it Trev, i was just about to reply after reading it

The joy that that goal has seemed to bring to all true footy supporters the world over is just a huge bonus, it's crowns it for me... so nice to be reminded of a time when people had a genuine soft spot for us. Hope it lasts!

Wexford Blue said:
The joy that that goal has seemed to bring to all true footy supporters the world over is just a huge bonus, it's crowns it for me... so nice to be reminded of a time when people had a genuine soft spot for us. Hope it lasts!

Haha, mate if you win them with class and good grace, good luck to you.

I mean, you've had a few issues with Tevez and Balotelli but by and large City has been a pleasure to watch this year (except when Hart had a BLINDER at Anfield...although I'll give you that because in the end it help you get to the 89 points).

I don't think people hate Man U because they win all the time. It's not the issue for me.

I hate them because of how they win and how they lose. The absolute prats like Rooney, Evra, Anderson and how Ronaldo carry on like pork chops. The way it's never their fault when they lose. The way the refs gift them so much shit because of how intimidated they are by Mr Ferguson. The way Fergie carries on when the odd bad call goes against them (honestly, the hide of it last week to criticise Mancini for badgering the ref...SERIOUSLY). The way their fans have no songs that aren't about Liverpool or City. Similar thing with Chelsea and the likes of Terry, Cole, and Drogba ... a club whose fans had the hide to boo Wayne Bridge for having the audacity to not shake the hand of their fearless leader after he slept with his best mate's wife.

I certainly had a lot of respect for the Arsenal team of the early 2000s because they went about their stuff with class and humility. Same way that I believe most neutrals would prefer Barca to win more stuff than grubs like Mourinho, Ronaldo, Pepe, Ramos etc at Madrid.

Listening to Kompany and Hart talk after the win, it's hard to not like them. I think under Kompany you guys are in for many years of success. Guy is a class act on and off the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.