Have you seen this Bullsh*t picture....

Definately not Maine Road, which is in Moss Side, When was this supposed to have been taken, I know I don't live in the UK anymore, but when I was last there I visited the old Maine Road site and its gone, (very sad)

Hmmmm, looking at the line on a google map it appears correct (which surprised me), but the scale of Maine road compared to the foreground building just looks wrong.

Doctor Congo said:
Hmmmm, looking at the line on a google map it appears correct (which surprised me), but the scale of Maine road compared to the foreground building just looks wrong.

It's just the effect of foreshortening I think, MR was only about 2 to 2.5 miles from the Swamp as the crow flies.

The pic is taken from the top of the Imperail war museum viewing tower. out of shot to the right is the swamp. Although the pic seems a little distorted (maybe through perspective) I used to work on the 7th floor of the black glass building to the left (Building 8, Exchange Quay). You could certainly see Maine rd no problem from the window there (although admittedly that does look very clear). The halls of residence in the background behind Maine rd are about right too and the photographer that took the photo has others where he lists when anything has been layered which that one apparently has not. I agree it looks a little odd but Id say it was Kosher

I isn't taken in Salford, it was taken in Trafford.

I was is about 3 mile in the distance like it should be.

To me for whatever reason this picture looks photo-shopped!

No way would Maine Road be so close if it was real. And whats with all the greenry (trees etc) around it?

Shouldn't that be Manchester City centre rather than Maine Road, trees and then rolling hills?

there was no trees that close..just loads of houses and that bridg does'nt look right. its a good effort though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.