Have your views on a European Super League changed in the last three years?

John Wayne

I seem to remember that when the European Super League proposals were announced three years ago, there was widespread condemnation across the board. I think in Bluemoon, something like 95% of people rejected the idea in a poll. Today's announcement that plans for a spending cap are progressing has got me thinking - has the UEFA and Premier League's assault on City moved you towards being open to the idea? Do you feel the same as you did three years ago? It'd be interesting to know where people now stand on this matter.

For what it's worth, I didn't like the ESL concept in 2021 (and certainly didn't like the way it was announced), and I'm still skeptical. But I'm becoming increasingly cynical about the PL and the attempts of its members to hamper City. Our hard work over many years should not be subjected to an assault by clubs less well run.

The way the PL keep messing about with all these stupid financial proposals and UEFA with the new tournament layout, it's only a matter of time before all the big boys pull the plug.

Let's see how the PL would survive without the likes of Us, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chlesea etc....

They are ruining their own product in plain sight. Every business needs investment, and these idiots are condemning it in their business.

Club World Cup good. Super League bad ?
Wait until they increase the participation in the former then you'll probably see the latter would've been the better option.
The money from the middle east will decide on the future of the game. Which will in turn mean 'blue ribbon' ties being played in distant lands.
You'd hope it wouldn't but football has always and will always, follow the money.

To replace the premier league, definitely not.
To replace the champions league, OK as long as it's not a closed shop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.