Have your views on a European Super League changed in the last three years?

My comment that you quoted was from 4 weeks ago and specifically states support for a super league only if entry criteria is based on current form. If the A22 Sports Management mob want historical performance to be included in the entry criteria then I'm out.

I’ve only had a skim read through their proposals. But I don’t see anything in it that I’d see as an improvement on what we’ve got now. And plenty that I don’t like.

You could, for example have the Champions of England only qualifying for the following years’s Blue ( 3rd tier ) competition. Whilst a side finishing nowhere in the domestic league could retain their place in the Star ( 1st tier ) competition for the following year.

That could lead to seriously weakening the domestic league. If you’re a team for example in the top level competition and realise by Christmas that you’re not going to win the domestic league, the second half of the season will just all be about the European League and maintaining your place in it.

Apart from a bit of prize money, it’ll make no difference if you finish 2nd or 17th in the domestic league.

I would like to see a reformed PL.

With radical concepts like all teams being treated equally and no club having a special status. The idea that two clubs, and only two clubs, were allowed to interview Masters, presumably with power of veto, is a fucking scandal.

nope, I just want the Premier League burned to the ground. I can't see any point of the PL at all. It was designed to make more money for the big clubs and they had that for a while now they're getting their arses whipped they don't like it. It should all be under the FA's rule book. One rule book for all clubs in the UK, every club has one vote. THat takes all the power away from the prem and also helps out grass roots football. Remember the PL are still pissing around trying to reduce payouts the EFL payouts . Fuck the PL off, it's the only solution

Much prefer to join the Sheiks Etihad Premier League and just to piss more people off we should invite Celtic Rangers Hearts Hibs and Aberdeen to fill the spaces left by Rags Tarquins Red Dippers Spuds and Chelski

The way the PL keep messing about with all these stupid financial proposals and UEFA with the new tournament layout, it's only a matter of time before all the big boys pull the plug.

Let's see how the PL would survive without the likes of Us, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and Chlesea etc....

They are ruining their own product in plain sight. Every business needs investment, and these idiots are condemning it in their business.
Not in my lifetime.

I would like to see a reformed PL.

With radical concepts like all teams being treated equally and no club having a special status. The idea that two clubs, and only two clubs, were allowed to interview Masters, presumably with power of veto, is a fucking scandal.

That's my take on it, it's a given that teams in bigger areas for fans to attend so that clubs get more money through the gate and sponsorships is a given, but for those clubs then to run the league and referees is just corruption in sport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.