Have your views on a European Super League changed in the last three years?

Like everything else, it’s a matter of how it is structured.

Currently, UEFA and FIFA are in a death match to see who can kill the Golden Goose quickest! Flogging your horse isn’t the best way to get it to compete for the Grand National, nor is LEGISLATING at least 2 games per week for 10 months…then a Confederation Tournament, Club World Cup, or FIFA World Cup EVERY SUMMER for 4-6 weeks!

Players are literally only getting a 2 week, maybe 3-4 weeks for your worst players, break every year.

For 2 years in succession, the PL needs to have 4 teams relegated and only 3 coming up. That’d be an 18 team League, 36 games, only played on weekends.

The only exceptions would be the FA Cup 3rd Round, which would be the first game of the new year and right before a staggered winter break, and the FA Cup SF. The Carabao Cup would become an all midweek affair.

If you replace the CL with a ESL, then it has to be merit-based, every year, no legacy hangovers from days of yore, and must fit into that skeleton. ESL teams are omitted from the Carabao Cup draw, which frees up those weekdays for games. A team SHOULD NOT be allowed to play midweek games in two consecutive weeks to allow recovery and recuperation.

And, while the growth of these tournaments has enriched the players no end, FIFPRO needs to tell the world the PLAYERS can only play X games per calendar year, beginning on a set date before the start of the League and ending on a set date at the end of the season, before the enforced break stipulated.
Great post.
Clubs are getting sick of UEFA and FIFA fcuking up their assets with waist coat wearing ham shankers mis managing international football.

My views have changed, but that doesn't mean i'm an advocate of a European Super League.

When it was announced, and City said they were joining it, for me I was done with Manchester City FC, because of how much I respected the English Football organisations.

Now, I will support Manchester City regardless of which league they play in; Premier League, Champions League; League Two, or ESL. After those ridiculous Premier League charges, I have no love loss for the English Leagues, just to Manchester City.

Personally I’d be all for it. Im
Not sure why they didn’t just go ahead with it. Barcelona at home on a Saturday afternoon or Sheff United? No brainer for me. The only way thing I didn’t like was Joel Glazer being quoted on our website

To me the Premier League in the immortal words of TAA 'it means more'. I get nervous for European fixtures, of course I do. I was also flat as a pancake after the Madrid game for a week. However nothing beats the tribal rivalry of a domestic campaign. Dippers and rags apart I like talking about football to supporters of other clubs in the pub etc. Even then you do get the odd coherent rag/dipper that you can discuss things with without it boiling over. I watched the Utd-Coventry semi-final in the pub with an ex-season ticket holder at Old Toilet that I get on quite well with. I found it quite amusing that he had that little faith in his team he'd backed the '3-3' scoreline and then backed Coventry in extra-time and cashed out just before they disallowed the goal at the end of extra-time the jammy ****. No way I'd want to play in Europe and not feel part of the domestic scene.

Club World Cup good. Super League bad ?
Wait until they increase the participation in the former then you'll probably see the latter would've been the better option.
The money from the middle east will decide on the future of the game. Which will in turn mean 'blue ribbon' ties being played in distant lands.
You'd hope it wouldn't but football has always and will always, follow the money.
Until greed eats the game and the fans have found something else!

I was totally against it but I’m coming around now. The new financial regulations stifling investment will slowly kill the premier league. I honestly don’t care which way it goes now,I feel completely apathetic about it these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.