Hayfever

Re: Hayfever

I suddenly got it when I was about 10/11 years old, and I suffer with it terribly. Nothing seems to help me and I've tried virtually everything.

The worst part by far isn't the itching or the sneezing (which as some say is torture), it's the odd occasion when I'm made to mow the grass or I go and play football on a field and I will come up in the most terrible hives.

They travel around my body and they make me look like something out of a low budget zombie horror. Makes me feel sick to even look at them. They'll start off as like welts on my arm, say, then I'll go to sleep and when I wake up they'll be all over my back. I'll sleep again, wake up and they'll be on my face. Freaks me out, it's like something living in my skin.

Fortunately I've only had them three times, so they're rare and only last about 3 days tops. I won't go and work in the garden now, though. Bugger that, I'd rather wait till it pisses it down.

SkyBlueFlux said:
I suddenly got it when I was about 10/11 years old, and I suffer with it terribly. Nothing seems to help me and I've tried virtually everything.

The worst part by far isn't the itching or the sneezing (which as some say is torture), it's the odd occasion when I'm made to mow the grass or I go and play football on a field and I will come up in the most terrible hives.

They travel around my body and they make me look like something out of a low budget zombie horror. Makes me feel sick to even look at them. They'll start off as like welts on my arm, say, then I'll go to sleep and when I wake up they'll be all over my back. I'll sleep again, wake up and they'll be on my face. Freaks me out, it's like something living in my skin.

Fortunately I've only had them three times, so they're rare and only last about 3 days tops. I won't go and work in the garden now, though. Bugger that, I'd rather wait till it pisses it down.

Your location says Edinburgh. Dont have to wait long then....

Loratidine tablets for me.
The only ones that don't make me drowsy.
I also use a nose spray when it is really bad (very rarely)<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:03 pm --<br /><br />Loratidine tablets for me.
The only ones that don't make me drowsy.
I also use a nose spray when it is really bad (very rarely)

I've suffered with it for as long as I can remember. Used to go to the doctors each year as a kid for my prescriptions and I had every tablet going; clarityn, benadryl, zirtek, piriton etc, along with eye drops and nasal sprays, none of which had much effect. When I got to 16 they suggested I had the kenalog injection, it's steroid based and works a treat. You can only have it once a year and it only lasts about 6-8 weeks so I tend to wait for my hayfever to kick in before having it done but it sees me through. It's great, clears it right up, I still take a tablet each day (use Tesco's own now, £1.00 for 14) just to be on the safe side but the worst I get is a bit sniffly as opposed to barely being able to see or breathe.

N.B. I hate injections, always have done, so for me to even entertain the idea of having one means it must do the job.

For those who aren't old enough to have the injection, or don't want to have it, I suggest vicks vapor rub for your chest and if it gets really bad and you feel like you just need to clear yourself out, buy some Olbas oil and put a few drops into a bowl of boiling water, put a towel over your head and lower your face towards the bowl and take a few deep breaths. It might make your nose run for a bit but you'll be able to breathe again will also help with itchy eyes.

[bigimg]http://www.echemist.co.uk/productmedia/166473239.Jpeg[/bigimg]

Like most of the previous posters have said, this year has been a complete disaster for pollen levels. I've had hay fever since my school days ( just in time for My GCSE's ). I've used many treatments like nasal sprays, tablets etc, in fact I probably paid for GSK's research with the amount I've spent :(
For me, the only product that works is Zirtek tablets. A word of warning though, they knock me out big time within minutes and so can only take them before bed. They do however give great relief for 24 hrs or so.
Christ knows how I still have it though living here in Ireland??? It pisses down about 360 days of the year :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.