Headed to Scotland

Loch Ness last year. Captivating place, especially from the waterside pub at Dores.

smacap-Bright.jpg
Was there a chippy?

Now we’re back in the UK, we’ve decided to go camper-vanning with the kids to Scotland for a couple of weeks. They’ve never been to Scotland and it’s over 30 years since I’ve been.

Anyone know what injections we need? Also, can anyone tell us which parts to avoid (please be more specific than ‘all of it’)

Thanks.

You will need plenty of this...
71BHJsl+OkL._AC_SS350_.jpg

Do not miss a bit of skin, spray it on before you go out every single time.

Go via Loch Lomund, then turn left and go up the coast via the A83, go and see Inverary Castle and old jail, head up to Oban and if you have time keep going all the way up to Mallaig, there is a hidden beach just before you get there and the sand is white and the water crystal clear and hope that it is sunny enough to enjoy lol
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...7220f801ab4df75!8m2!3d56.9781402!4d-5.8452094

Last edited:
It's where Beatrix Potter used to holiday when she was a kid, so the museum there is well worth a visit.

One of the Great British Bake Off winners opened her bakery in the High Street there.

Scotch Pies to die for, literally!!
That's right - amazing. We stayed in these glamping pods half way up a hill just above the town - up late round a campfire, then into Dunkeld in the morning for pastries and coffee. Brilliant.

Have you been tested and are you clear? Where will you spend 14 days in quarantine?
Don’t go into any pubs you might get unpleasant looks. We don’t like strangers in these parts you know.
If you are determined to visit, I hear some of the villages in Western fife are nice. Also lots to see and do in port Glasgow.
I'm hoping you mean East Fife, Dunfermline is in the West and really doesn't qualify as 'nice' in any ones book. North Fife and over the Tay is lovely too. If you do go over the Tay and head Aberdeen way just watch your speed, there's a million(at least) speed cameras on the way up.

You will need plenty of this...
71BHJsl+OkL._AC_SS350_.jpg

Do not miss a bit of skin, spray it on before you go out every single time.

Go via Loch Lomund, then turn left and go up the coast via the A83, go and see Inverary Castle and old jail, head up to Oban and if you have time keep going all the way up to Mallaig, there is a hidden beach just before you get there and the sand is white and the water crystal clear and hope that it is sunny enough to enjoy lol
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...7220f801ab4df75!8m2!3d56.9781402!4d-5.8452094

Secret tip - buy Avon's Skin so Soft Jojoba oil.

It's cheap and what all the Special Forces guys use when they are on training in Highlands.

It's incredible. I was a sceptic but after years of being bitten, nothing, not one bite with this oil last year.

That's right - amazing. We stayed in these glamping pods half way up a hill just above the town - up late round a campfire, then into Dunkeld in the morning for pastries and coffee. Brilliant.

There is also an incredible spot in Dunkeld if you missed it last time?

Take a left off the High Street, walk towards the old church and it takes you to the river, so beautifully quiet.

Secret tip - buy Avon's Skin so Soft Jojoba oil.

It's cheap and what all the Special Forces guys use when they are on training in Highlands.

It's incredible. I was a sceptic but after years of being bitten, nothing, not one bite with this oil last year.

Thank, I have heard this before but couldn't find an Avon agent to buy some from, they target me something rotten (midgies, not avon ladies) so much so that we stopped going to Scotland for holidays, we used to go to Dalavich on loch Awe, of course, loch and surrounding woods are a midgies best friend, I was so bitten I looked like I had some kind of pox lol

Tbh it was the same in Spain and somebody recommended me the jungle spray and I have been bitten just twice in 3 years since using it.

I will look out the Avon one at some point and test it out, cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.