Headed to Scotland

I'm hoping you mean East Fife, Dunfermline is in the West and really doesn't qualify as 'nice' in any ones book. North Fife and over the Tay is lovely too. If you do go over the Tay and head Aberdeen way just watch your speed, there's a million(at least) speed cameras on the way up.
No.
The bad fife. My cats from Cardenden and she is as hard as the town sounds.
Since when is Port Glasgow a holiday resort?
I was being a little 'tongue in cheek'.

I did make some sensible suggestions in a later post.

Secret tip - buy Avon's Skin so Soft Jojoba oil.

It's cheap and what all the Special Forces guys use when they are on training in Highlands.

It's incredible. I was a sceptic but after years of being bitten, nothing, not one bite with this oil last year.
just ordered some of this for a mate who goes dogging, hope it works

Secret tip - buy Avon's Skin so Soft Jojoba oil.

It's cheap and what all the Special Forces guys use when they are on training in Highlands.

It's incredible. I was a sceptic but after years of being bitten, nothing, not one bite with this oil last year.

I’ll second that. I got told about that product in Wasdale, and that Scottish Anglers swear by it. I used it on the Isle of Skye, which is pretty bad for the little blighters, and it works a treat.

Thank, I have heard this before but couldn't find an Avon agent to buy some from, they target me something rotten (midgies, not avon ladies) so much so that we stopped going to Scotland for holidays, we used to go to Dalavich on loch Awe, of course, loch and surrounding woods are a midgies best friend, I was so bitten I looked like I had some kind of pox lol

Tbh it was the same in Spain and somebody recommended me the jungle spray and I have been bitten just twice in 3 years since using it.

I will look out the Avon one at some point and test it out, cheers.

You will also get it on Amazon mate. They can't advertise it as a bug repellant but the jojoba oil basically blocks the the pores and stops giving out the stuff the midges love.

Has to be the jojoba one with aloe Vera included.

Good luck!

I’ll second that. I got told about that product in Wasdale, and that Scottish Anglers swear by it. I used it on the Isle of Skye, which is pretty bad for the little blighters, and it works a treat.

I actually had a bit of a joke which left the wife and kids shaking their heads last year.

Had forgotten my skin so soft oil one day in Skye and found this remote shop selling the stuff at £6 a bottle!!

The lady asked about my strong Manc accent and asked why I was buying it, asked if I was a soldier?

I said, 'Yeah, but I can't really say much.'

Her assistant replied, 'oh, you're one of those special ones?'

Just at the moment, a low fighter jet came screaming overhead.

It was just too perfect - wife walked away and kids cracking up.

No.
The bad fife. My cats from Cardenden and she is as hard as the town sounds.
Since when is Port Glasgow a holiday resort?
I was being a little 'tongue in cheek'.

I did make some sensible suggestions in a later post.
Cardenden is a lovely place (it's not really). I'm about 15 minutes away from there as it happens.

You will also get it on Amazon mate. They can't advertise it as a bug repellant but the jojoba oil basically blocks the the pores and stops giving out the stuff the midges love.

Has to be the jojoba one with aloe Vera included.

Good luck!
Great tip, I’m a magnet for the bastards on my regular trips to north west Ireland. Weirdly, mozzies have never found me to their taste in warmer climes

RP12BRw

There is also an incredible spot in Dunkeld if you missed it last time?

Take a left off the High Street, walk towards the old church and it takes you to the river, so beautifully quiet.
This is the spot:
IMG-20191026-100317416-HDR.jpg

IMG-20191026-100142566-HDR.jpg

RP12BRw

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.