Heartburn

A word of advice though, if you start on the Nexium or alternative, don’t forget to take them! The heartburn comes back like a ****.

Is that an American version of Gaviscon?
I've just taken a Gaviscon but last two nights it's not really helped.

I'm down to my last tablet, contemplated the double dunt earlier but think taking twice within a few hours might be more effective.
If you're taking Gaviscon tablets, you must take two, chew until it's like snot, then swallow, it's there to make a blanket as much an acid neutraliser. Investigation would be ideal but good luck with that one.

Omeprazole from the Dr.

If you have any clear chalk in the house grind it up and add to water and drink, this should clear it very quickly (it’s an old pub trick).

But for persistent problems (more than a few days) get yourself down to the Dr’s before you end up with ulcers!
Ulcers are caused by bacteria.

I agree with everyone saying see the doc, but try lying and sleeping on your left side at night not your right. It's something to do with the way the acid sits when you are on the right - can't explain it but google it! It works for me

I agree with everyone saying see the doc, but try lying and sleeping on your left side at night not your right. It's something to do with the way the acid sits when you are on the right - can't explain it but google it! It works for me
It's because your stomach lies below the esophagus when lying on your left due to gravity. Instead of the opposite when lying on your right hand side causing the acid to travel up your esophagus causing the burning acid feeling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.