Hearts away pre season? NOW CONFIRMED FRIDAY 18TH JULY

bennyboy said:
Corky said:
Tbilisi said:
Thinking of doing this as cant do Dundee now,going up Friday staying the night but not if hotels are mental,any camp sites nearby you could take a tent or cheaper hotels available?

Go to Glasgow and get one of the quicker trains. The fringe is August, however there is some Jazz thing on, I don't think hotels are ever that cheap there due to being a big tourist attraction. The last train back is 00.04 and it costs £12.60, under 16s are free, they add them on to your adult tickets when booking.

I think the Commonwealth games are on about that time so you might struggle there as well.

Not until 23rd July - that was the first thing I checked.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/ibis-budget-edinburgh-park.en-gb.html?sid=b04ac965e08892b297166203054e2e26;dcid=1;checkin=2014-07-18;checkout=2014-07-19;ucfs=1;srfid=f1623aee9fe6c6c8e9e006fb9d239755c2178069X7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/ibis-bu ... c2178069X7</a>

Train station nearby,Haymarket next stop.

bennyboy said:
http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/ibis-budget-edinburgh-park.en-gb.html?sid=b04ac965e08892b297166203054e2e26;dcid=1;checkin=2014-07-18;checkout=2014-07-19;ucfs=1;srfid=f1623aee9fe6c6c8e9e006fb9d239755c2178069X7

Train station nearby,Haymarket next stop.

Chs bb,booked that at £55 for 2,can canc up to the day with no cost so no brainer.

Will know week before if I cant make it so thats ideal.

abhaggis said:
I hope some of you Edinburgh lads are gonna organise a pub to meet before the game.
I went in the CLOCK bar (i think it was called )before the 5-1 game.
There was a city coach in the car park I recall 2 mins from ground.
That was an interesting place. Smoking ban in pubs wasnt law then. But what was being smoked around in the pool room openly led to a very chilled out night with a very friendly bunch of locals . Lol
my mate was the manager but it shut down years ago now a Lidl :-(
Platform 5 sports bar at Haymarket is handy

The best pub for away fans before a hearts game is the roseburn bar on roseburn terrace. Before every Edinburgh derby it is the meeting point for the majority of hibs fans. The place is always packed. Its a well known away bar for any travelling supporters going to tynecastle.

andy88 said:
The best pub for away fans before a hearts game is the roseburn bar on roseburn terrace. Before every Edinburgh derby it is the meeting point for the majority of hibs fans. The place is always packed. Its a well known away bar for any travelling supporters going to tynecastle.
true Andy but this just being a friendly City fans will be welcome anywhere
there are also plenty od social clubs and bowling clubs in the area for folk who prefer that

aka blue jambo said:
andy88 said:
there are also plenty od social clubs and bowling clubs in the area for folk who prefer that

Agree blue jambo. Would be a good idea to get as many blues together as possible in one place. Roseburn is a good shout, but as you said there are plenty near the stadium that would be ok with away fans, since its a friendly.

andy88 said:
aka blue jambo said:
andy88 said:

Agree blue jambo. Would be a good idea to get as many blues together as possible in one place. Roseburn is a good shout, but as you said there are plenty near the stadium that would be ok with away fans, since its a friendly.

Loads of pubs the only problem could be the wearing of football tops.Saw plenty of Sunderland fans getting turned away round about Haymarket area a few seasons back after the match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.