Hector Bellerin

I think it would take a bid if about 60M before Arsenal would even consider sadly. I can't see any legs in this unless he lets his contract run down or demands a move

This is getting so tiresome. If you want to post as an Arsenal fan then you're welcome to do so as long as you observe the Code of Conduct. But your pretence of being a City fan doesn't wash, is contrary to the COC and will result in (yet another) ban alongside all your others.

So make up your mind please.

Alright Matlock, you got me.

As for Bellerin. You City fans can sign him to your fantasy football teams, but thats about it.

Alright Matlock, you got me.

As for Bellerin. You City fans can sign him to your fantasy football teams, but thats about it.

There you go, it wasn't difficult was it and had you just come clean weeks ago we wouldn't have had to ban several different usernames.

Welcome to Bluemoon Gooner and remember to respect the code of conduct at all times :-)

Arsenal and Wenger are now surviving on the promise of competing for the title after they paid off their debt a few years ago and can now spend big money. For them to sell yet another star player to a league rival, particularly us considering how we've poached their best players in recent years would totally undermine the whole "we can challenge for trophies again" story they are trying to sell to anybody that will listen. It would take something insane and for Bellerin himself to kick up a mighty fuss for them to even entertain selling him to us.

Arsenal and Wenger are now surviving on the promise of competing for the title after they paid off their debt a few years ago and can now spend big money. For them to sell yet another star player to a league rival, particularly us considering how we've poached their best players in recent years would totally undermine the whole "we can challenge for trophies again" story they are trying to sell to anybody that will listen. It would take something insane and for Bellerin himself to kick up a mighty fuss for them to even entertain selling him to us.

I don't buy that...Arsenal will always look to balance the books above all else...if we dropped 30+ million into their laps they would have a long hard look at it

I don't buy that...Arsenal will always look to balance the books above all else...if we dropped 30+ million into their laps they would have a long hard look at it

Now they don't have the stadium debt over their heads they can balance the books easily without having to sell their best players. Selling to a rival premier league team would cause an absolute shitstorm amongst their fans and would be as good as admitting they're settling for 4th yet again.

Now they don't have the stadium debt over their heads they can balance the books easily without having to sell their best players. Selling to a rival premier league team would cause an absolute shitstorm amongst their fans and would be as good as admitting they're settling for 4th yet again.

It's not like they haven't done it time and time again in the past

It'll tell us a lot about Arsenal going forward if they were willing to let any of their stars go - especially to a rival premier league club. Like you say, they can't hide behind the stadium debt anymore and their fans are aware of the huge influx of tv money around the corner. If they're still willing to do business in those circumstances I reckon it'd be the straw that broke the camels back in regards to their support.

It'd be lovely to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.