Hector Bellerin

It's not like they haven't done it time and time again in the past

Yeah but they've always had the debt as a ready made excuse and promised selling star players wouldn't happen once the debt was paid off.

It'll tell us a lot about Arsenal going forward if they were willing to let any of their stars go - especially to a rival premier league club. Like you say, they can't hide behind the stadium debt anymore and their fans are aware of the huge influx of tv money around the corner. If they're still willing to do business in those circumstances I reckon it'd be the straw that broke the camels back in regards to their support.

It'd be lovely to watch.

Completely agree. Would essentially be the nail in the coffin for Arsenal as a title challenging side and as much as i'd deeply love to see it happen to them and their fans it's incredibly unlikely.

Would love to get him, but I can't see it happening. Getting in the top 4 is going to be hard work moving forward, us, the shite, Chelsea, dippers, spurs and arsenal all need to be in there, so selling the likes of bellerin would be madness

I don't buy that...Arsenal will always look to balance the books above all else...if we dropped 30+ million into their laps they would have a long hard look at it

What do you base this on? The fact we just signed Xhaka for 35m and apparently bid 20m for Vardy. A club that aggressively bids over 50m in a short space of time isnt looking to 'balance the books'.

As I said before, there was a time Man City could take advantage of Arsenal's finances, however, that time is over, and you have to move with the times. You think if City bid 30m it would 'tempt' Arsenal. However, why would Wenger sell a key player, for a fee smaller than what he paid out for Ozil, Sanchez and Xhaka? Its just an inherent contradiction to say 30m would tempt Arsenal, when Arsenal are spending bigger sums to acquire new players. If your capable of biding 30-40m to bring in new players, you are perfectly capable of rejecting 30-40m bids for players already on your books.

Bellerin is one of the most outstanding right backs in the world. And Barcelona have earmarked him for the long term replacement for Dani Alves. Say what you want about Wenger, even I have my doubts about him. But he knows what Bellerin is (the future best right back in the world - the right sides verison of Alaba). So he wont be selling him cheaply, or even for a 'fair price', if at all. As for Bellerin demanding a transfer request - well if he does something of that kind, it will be to return to Barcelona. But he absolutely not going to force a move to Man City.

Last edited:
What do you base this on? The fact we just signed Xhaka for 35m and apparently bid 20m for Vardy. A club that aggressively bids over 50m in a short space of time isnt looking to 'balance the books'.

As I said before, there was a time Man City could take advantage of Arsenal's finances, however, that time is over, and you have to move with the times. You think if City bid 30m it would 'tempt' Arsenal. However, why would Wenger sell a key player, for a fee smaller than what he paid out for Ozil, Sanchez and Xhaka? Its just an inherent contradiction to say 30m would tempt Arsenal, when Arsenal are spending bigger sums to acquire new players. If your capable of biding 30-40m to bring in new players, you are perfectly capable of rejecting 30-40m bids for players already on your books.

Bellerin is one of the most outstanding right backs in the world. And Barcelona have earmarked him for the long term replacement for Dani Alves. Say what you want about Wenger, even I have my doubts about him. But he knows what Bellerin is (the future best right back in the world - the right sides verison of Alaba). So he wont be selling him cheaply, or even for a 'fair price', if at all. As for Bellerin demanding a transfer request - well if he does something of that kind, it will be to return to Barcelona. But he absolutely not going to force a move to Man City.
You mean you hope and wish Bellerin won't force a move to City? There are no guarantees in life let lone football mate and unless you're Bellerin masquerading himself as a Gooner on a City fan's forum, then your statement 'absolutely not going to force a move to Man City' should be followed with 'In my opinion (imo)'.

Also, there was a time when Arsenal players would never consider City as a viable option, that time is over so I think it's you who has to move with the times.

It is 'possible', just as its 'possible' Elton John goes back to liking women. Your taking the optimistic approach, rather than the realistic approach. Bellerin will be at the Etihad next season, in the away dressing room with his Arsenal team mates.

Its not me who has to hope and wish Bellerin doesn't move to City. Its you who has to do the hoping and wishing he does move to City.

His post is more right than wrong. You can never say never and the amazing thing about landing Pep is that you may see players do crazy things to play for him but it is extremely extremely extremely unlikely that Bellerin would force a move. It's fun to speculate about but the list of reasons why Arsenal wouldn't do this is so long and substantial that it's nearly impossible to imagine it happens unless/until Bellerin runs his contract down or something

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.