Helen the bell ringer

Robbo. said:
http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123734&start=30

RIP Helen, a true city fan.

C_71_Articles_175630_BodyWeb_Detail_0_Image.jpg

True City legend and part of what this club is all about. R.I.P Helen.

cleavers said:
Blue Lloyd said:
Used to look after young City fans on away trips and keep the City idiots in order as well.

I guess that's one way of looking at it, if you behaved she was OK, but if you swore near her she certainly wasn't hahaha. Happy memories though. Can't imagine ever having having anyone like that again.

She was a lady. They don't like swearing. ha ha.

City legend.

A great woman. Think she passed away before we moved to CoMS, fitting in a way, she was a real icon of Maine Road. Probably the most high-profile City fan of all time. Did a lot of fundraising, by all accounts. I'll be honest, her bell bloody annoyed me at times, but a real symbol of the club, would love to hear it ringing out at Eastlands now she's gone. She had a flower stall at one of the hospitals for years, may've been St Mary's, i forget now. There's a great photo of her on the pitch with the team after one of our cup final wins (before we became allergic to silverware!). RIP Hells. A true legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.