Helen the bell ringer

Yes She was tough.no messing.ive heard folk say how she protected young blues at Forest ,after the match,back in the 70s.
Forest was a rough place to go Back in the day...well by all accounts she used that bell to ward off home fans and protect young blues Trentside, from being attacked by home fans...

Did great work for City behind the scenes too,in the ,at the time spartan commercial office. I often used to bump into her in the old office set between North Stand and Family stand...I did quite a bit of fund raising myself for City supporters club..back in the day.
Selling scratch cards and passing Football cards round at work through the week.i imagine Helen raised way more than me !
Helen Turner Manchester City Legend...2nd only to Anita Britton who ran the Leicester and rugby supporters club late 80s,and did so much to help me and others get to watch City.

I miss those days.
I'm sure I remember a story where she twatted a spurs nob who jumped on her coach to attack blues......straight over his napper with her bell. He soon fucked off.

Brings back some good memories this thread!

Would love to see Grealish reaction to her if she was still with us. He would probably ring it for her

She'd probably have the bell confiscated on entry these days.
She should have a statue.
She shouldn’t have a statue, but that bell ringing should have carried on after she stopped going. It became apart of Manchester City culture and we should have someone doing it still today at games.

I hate it when things that are part of the culture of a club (or anything else) stop happening. Helen’s bell, navy blue socks, a vocal stand along the side of the pitch…

Yes She was tough.no messing.ive heard folk say how she protected young blues at Forest ,after the match,back in the 70s.
Forest was a rough place to go Back in the day...well by all accounts she used that bell to ward off home fans and protect young blues Trentside, from being attacked by home fans...

Did great work for City behind the scenes too,in the ,at the time spartan commercial office. I often used to bump into her in the old office set between North Stand and Family stand...I did quite a bit of fund raising myself for City supporters club..back in the day.
Selling scratch cards and passing Football cards round at work through the week.i imagine Helen raised way more than me !
Helen Turner Manchester City Legend...2nd only to Anita Britton who ran the Leicester and rugby supporters club late 80s,and did so much to help me and others get to watch City.

I miss those days.
I was a member of the L&R branch from 79-84 and yes Anita was indeed a star.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.