Helen the bell ringer

its a Barm said:
its poeple like Helen that make our club what it is, a much larger than life person and if you where a regular at maine road you knew who Helen was and was greatly admired by most including me, miss the sound of her bell if someone could get it going again next year would make us oldies smile and bring back many memorys.

Agreed everyone knew Helen,the only big character similar at other clubs i can think of is that tattoed bloke at Portsmouth.

Hearing the bell rung recently as others said gave me goosebumps,a magical moment.I also think it is time the club recognised Pete the badge,another great character,before he too is lost to us forever.

helen01.jpg

helen02.jpg
that is me in the top photo next to my gran

Revived after 8 years dormant this thread, but worthy of it.

A true City legend, sold flowers outside the MRI, did Charity work, sat right behind the goal in the North Stand and Big Joe used to say hello to her whenever he was in net. Add a massive blonde beehive to the Mix and she was unforgettable.

Many a turgid game at Maine Road would be livened up when Helen got the bell going.

RIP Helen, hope you are ringing your bell furiously up there looking down on our amazing team.

that is me in the top photo next to my gran
You look about as happy as we did when she was on the warpath to sort us out on away coaches. :-)

A lovely genuine lady. Always gave City fans the best bunches of flowers when we visited people in MRI.

They don't make 'em like Helen any more.

Something to do with The Turner Prize ,I am led to believe!!
An old schoolmate of mine won the Turner Prize, Chris Ofili. From Portland Road in Longsight. Year above me in St Robert’s, grew up on the next street to the Beckford brothers, Clitheroe Road.
Jason B was same year as me, went to Burnage. Had to try and mark him at a Manchester Boys trial and that was the end of that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.