Helen the bell ringer

Thats right the Kippax would sing this during the match, and of course Helen would reply, much to the cheers of the Kippax, I think she use to sit in the North Stand, because I was a season ticket holder for a while, and saw her regulary take a seat on the front row, decked out in a big blue and white scarf and badges ect.....those where the days, good memories.........
If I remember right didn't she used to give Big Joe Corrigan a lock of "Lucky Heather"during the warm up which he would put in his goal.Which is possible because didn't Helen sell flowers at Manchester Royal?

We had 2 songs for her back in the 70s.

Helen,Helen,ring your bell,Helen ring your bell.

And even better -

Helen is a big,fat football hooligan.
Brilliant mate just brought a big smile to my face.The Kippax would sing the hooligan song and she would respond by ringing the bell and then massive cheers would go up!
Happy days

Still gets rung occasionally in the South stand and at times sends shivers down my spine with the memories.

I used to do quite a few aways on coach 'A' and god help you if you swore or sang songs with rude words.

Doesn't seem almost 10 years since the bell was rung on the pitch.

Part of our history.

Sounds like quite a few of us was seated nearby Helen and her bell because myself and my dad were seated about 10-15 rows behind her and just to one side of the goal posts, she was quite a character..............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.