Helen the bell ringer

Will they allow bells into the ground?

At a prescribed time on derby day we can all pay tribute to the Lady.

Can you imagine some Sky herbert having to ask the connection....with the world watching.....be well mint.

JULES said:
the kippax wall said:
I remember going as a little lad and hearing the chant ''Helen is a big fat football hooligan'' and thinking it was dead funny. A few years later when I started going to away games, I remember her being a fucking nightmare if you went on the supporters bus (especially considering the antics on Maynes's at the time). That said, she's deffo a City icon and I think it would look ace if a statue of her was somewhere outside the ground.
good idea

Second, build it now!

Keith Moon said:
JULES said:
the kippax wall said:
I remember going as a little lad and hearing the chant ''Helen is a big fat football hooligan'' and thinking it was dead funny. A few years later when I started going to away games, I remember her being a fucking nightmare if you went on the supporters bus (especially considering the antics on Maynes's at the time). That said, she's deffo a City icon and I think it would look ace if a statue of her was somewhere outside the ground.
good idea

Second, build it now!

ye and the bell rings in the wind.

rogdogblue said:
Will they allow bells into the ground?

Only if the stewards don't see it ;)
bells_whisky_70cl.jpg

The song ''Helen Helen ring your bell!'' and ''Helen is a big fat football hooligan!'' should start to be sung at the match. I can see it confusing the media and the away fans,not to mention some of our new fans,it will be a classic.

I remember Helen and her bell and i have been on her coach a few times to away matches if i wanted a quiet no bother game.Legend has it that a Leeds fan at Elland road said,''I am having that bell you fat cow!'' and she replied,''If you want it lad have it!'' and wellied him over the head with it,lol!

A great character,no nonsense.eccentric and slightly mad,as we all were in those days.We had to be to put up with it week after week!

The guy with all the City gear on was definately in the London supporters club and travelled on the group travel from Euston organised by Tina Robinson in the eighties.I remember as i was living in Kent at the time and travelled with them a few times.

paulchapo said:
The song ''Helen Helen ring your bell!'' and ''Helen is a big fat football hooligan!'' should start to be sung at the match. I can see it confusing the media and the away fans,not to mention some of our new fans,it will be a classic.

I remember Helen and her bell and i have been on her coach a few times to away matches if i wanted a quiet no bother game.Legend has it that a Leeds fan at Elland road said,''I am having that bell you fat cow!'' and she replied,''If you want it lad have it!'' and wellied him over the head with it,lol!

A great character,no nonsense.eccentric and slightly mad,as we all were in those days.We had to be to put up with it week after week!

The guy with all the City gear on was definately in the London supporters club and travelled on the group travel from Euston organised by Tina Robinson in the eighties.I remember as i was living in Kent at the time and travelled with them a few times.

I got to chat with ''Mad Pete'' a few times on the football special in the mid 80's. He was living in Accrington at the time (and at mid week games always complained like mad as he wouldn't be able to get back to the town as the last train from Vic was long gone....)
He was out of work (who wasn't) back then and he got a job at Heathrow, hence his move to London.

Thing is, he looked 50 back then but doesn't look 80 now!....... fair play to him and great to see him still going and wearing the colours proudly :)

I chatted to him too and he said he had never had any aggro wearing all the gear,even at Millwall,which in the eighties was pretty remarkable! It was nice that even hardcore hooligans respected a loyal fan and character.Sorry to veer away from the original Helen post a little!

Mad Pete used to sit front row South stand first couple of seasons, aint seen him last couple of seasons though?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.