Helen's Bell

willy eckerslike said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
RadcliffeRick said:
Watching City against Villa on TV I heard the bell, mental flash backs of Helen sat behind Joe Corrigan ringing it. Great to hear it again. Thanks to whoever is doing it.

Yeah heard it to, was really refreshing

It sent shivers down my spine - in a good way - it just sounded like it belonged.

Same here brought back good memories, use to sit behind her for a few years ay maine road never got annoyed by the bell once :)

Pastor Kidney said:
Isn't it Bev 'Kippax' Davies who's ringing it? She certainly was at Wembley at the request of Helen's family. If someone said Block 117 then that's correct, she sits quite close to front (not as close as Helen of course!).
If this is the case and can be confirmed we don't have to do anything apart from start the chant "Helen, Helen Ring Your Bell, Helen Ring Your Bell," The response will be based around our History and most appropriate. If this occurs I hope the representative will be good enough to stand up when ringing so that we could give Big Helen a respectful clap on such an important day for city.

willy eckerslike said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
RadcliffeRick said:
Watching City against Villa on TV I heard the bell, mental flash backs of Helen sat behind Joe Corrigan ringing it. Great to hear it again. Thanks to whoever is doing it.

Yeah heard it to, was really refreshing

It sent shivers down my spine - in a good way - it just sounded like it belonged.

exactly this.

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
Pastor Kidney said:
Isn't it Bev 'Kippax' Davies who's ringing it? She certainly was at Wembley at the request of Helen's family. If someone said Block 117 then that's correct, she sits quite close to front (not as close as Helen of course!).
If this is the case and can be confirmed we don't have to do anything apart from start the chant "Helen, Helen Ring Your Bell, Helen Ring Your Bell," The response will be based around our History and most appropriate. If this occurs I hope the representative will be good enough to stand up when ringing so that we could give Big Helen a respectful clap on such an important day for city.

Bev is one of the 'bluebells' from Mary Ds (they have their own corner) - I know for sure she was asked by Helen's family to ring it (and it is Helen's original bell) at Wembley and I saw her doing it as she was sat close to me in the upper tier. I agree with the sentiments of everyone on this thread - it was great to hear it, sent a shiver down my spine. I remember hearing it briefly when we first moved to the new ground - Helen lived long enough to see us leave Maine Rd and carried on ringing it from her wheelchair at the back of the first tier (I think near the family stand area).

Pastor Kidney said:
SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
Pastor Kidney said:

Bev is one of the 'bluebells' from Mary Ds (they have their own corner) - I know for sure she was asked by Helen's family to ring it (and it is Helen's original bell) at Wembley and I saw her doing it as she was sat close to me in the upper tier. I agree with the sentiments of everyone on this thread - it was great to hear it, sent a shiver down my spine. I remember hearing it briefly when we first moved to the new ground - Helen lived long enough to see us leave Maine Rd and carried on ringing it from her wheelchair at the back of the first tier (I think near the family stand area).

Thanks. Good information. Helen's Bell brings back so many memories and it is fitting that such a tradition is carried forward. I for one hope to hear both the "Ringing" and the Chant on Sunday. The club could even give it a bit of prominence by arranging for it to be rung with Big Joe Stood alongside. Choose a moment when all tv coverage will be watching and that will be another bit of our History they will have to look up and explain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.