Helen's Bell

Ducado said:
It would be nice if the whole ground went quiet and then the bell, it would send shivers down my spine

Maybe a picture of Helen on the big screen too?

made me feel warm inside hearing that bell. that sound just sounds so " right " at a home city game. great maine road memories

#HelensBell @MCFC Come on City. Make sure Helen's Bell is seen and heard on Sunday. Part of our history on a big day for Blues. IMPORTANT

Sounds of the 70's.Certainly brings back memories.Did Helen ring it if the team were playing badly to get them going? Not sure how often she rang it during a game but Maine Rd wasn't the same if the bell wasn't used.

Her name is Bev Kippax Davies. She formed a group called the Bluebells after Helen and Colin Bell. It is the real bell belonging to Helens family. We took it to Wembley with us and it will be in the game tomorrow. If anyone wants any pics wit the bell it will be in Mary ds tomorrow from about 12. Come and meet Helens grandson Kevin and his lovely wife Shirley

I thought I heard it. At first I thought I was hearing things though like when you think someone's called your name and you look around and no one has. Spooky. Hope to hear it much more.

Course, in my fantasy world of being City's trillionaire owner, as a homage I'd install a real bell, massive, massive near the scoreboard, and every time we needed a push, or after a goal, off it goes. Clearly engraved "Helen's Heavenly Bell". In fact, any blue related to Mrs. Turner would be invited to take up the job of setting it off on match days on a permanent basis. Further, the Turner family would be asked to take charge of the bell so long as that family continues to exist on earth and wants to do it, sort of passing it down the line. Be globally iconic in no time.

It wouldn't replace the original though. Just augment it.

Henkeman said:
noely said:
Heard it against Villa brought back memories of being sat near here in the early 90s in the north stand with free tickets that Alex Williams dished out to our primary school earlier in the day much to my annoyance of my rag dad who knew he would have to take me when I came home with the tickets after school

That's made me chuckle. The poor man must be utterly horrified with you on a daily basis. Imagine if your lad tells you he's decided to be a United fan...

I can live with my renegade Evertonian son. Blues blue! Not sure how long I'd be serving at Her Majesty's pleasure had he gone down to Bandit Country!

10339719_696902937043644_3333702990864410391_n.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.