Helen's Bell

Plaything of the gods said:
Where did she used to sit? I have it fixed in my mind that she was immediately to the right of the right-hand goal when viewed from the Kippax.

north stand somewhere sort of half way up behind the goal -ish

but my memory may be failing ;-)

I'm sure she sat on the front row behind the keepers right hand post (main stand side of the goal).

Anyone remember a pre-season friendly at Morecambe when we had a 50 a side game on the pitch at half time? She came on to try and get us off so the 2nd half could go ahead, great days.

As others have said she did look after anyone in strife, a true blue.

RIP Helen, sadly missed.

Balti said:
Where did she used to sit? I have it fixed in my mind that she was immediately to the right of the right-hand goal when viewed from the Kippax.

No mate!
1st row in north stand, just the the left of the goal (looking at the goal).
Joe would nip behind just before KO and I think she used to give him a little sprig of heather every game!

M147WN said:
Balti said:

No mate!
1st row in north stand, just the the left of the goal (looking at the goal).
Joe would nip behind just before KO and I think she used to give him a little sprig of heather every game!
yeah, this. if you were behind her, just to the right of the goal in R, or was it P? I used to float round about there at the back. Anyway, R or P.
edit: no, it was R.

Correct - she was bottom row at, the score board end, to the right of the goalpost as you looked from the half way line.

Helen the bells grandson said:
1st off WHO is RIC, Helens son was called Lance
2nd yes is is Bev Kippax Davis who rung the bell at wembley and on weds and will be tomorrow
3 it was Heather that was given to Big Joe every home and away match ( even went to Scotland to pick it )
4 yes is it the bell
5 Iam Helens grandson Kevin

RIC is Ric Turner, the Blue who runs this site. He shares the same surname and it was in jest that he is related to Helen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.