He's Not Called Ianachio

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Hardly. Can you imagine people singing 'and I would walk 500 more...'

Whilst it sounds very nice, it just wouldn't work as a football chant, I don't think.

Everyone probably knows how to pronounce his name, but for now, it's a decent chant, and it works. Anyone who was there at Villa would know how good it was and got the whole away end going.

That Smiths one would be decent too, I reckon.

Doesn't work as a football chant? We sang it for Negredo and it worked fine then. Me and a few others have been singing the Kelechi version at away games for a while now, it's infinitely better than the one that took off at Villa.

Having said that, The "Iheanacho baby, Iheanacho woahhhh" song that's been going since the start of the season is the true Iheanacho song.

Doesn't work as a football chant? We sang it for Negredo and it worked fine then. Me and a few others have been singing the Kelechi version at away games for a while now, it's infinitely better than the one that took off at Villa.

Having said that, The "Iheanacho baby, Iheanacho woahhhh" song that's been going since the start of the season is the true Iheanacho song.
It will work as a pub song probably, but I don't think it will work as well in the stadium. The chorus will, but I'm not sure about the rest.
If you think it will, that's fine. Based on what I hear at aways, I'm uncertain. It just gets annoying when you see people write out songs on here, that look very nice, but in reality they don't work at games. Maybe I'm being overly negative.

TBF - the one at Villa, whether you like it or not, was being belted out for a good while, with pretty much everyone involved. I doubt he'll be that arsed about the pronunciation.

It will work as a pub song probably, but I don't think it will work as well in the stadium. The chorus will, but I'm not sure about the rest.
If you think it will, that's fine. Based on what I hear at aways, I'm uncertain. It just gets annoying when you see people write out songs on here, that look very nice, but in reality they don't work at games. Maybe I'm being overly negative.

TBF - the one at Villa, whether you like it or not, was being belted out for a good while, with pretty much everyone involved. I doubt he'll be that arsed about the pronunciation.

I'm 100% with you with regards to songs made up on here. They're often way too long to every realistically get going in the grounds and most of them are quite frankly just shit. The proclaimers one though hasn't been made up on here, we sang it quite vocally on the terraces at most away games when Negredo was here and the Kelechi version has been doing the rounds since the end of last year.

What about to the tune of D.I.S.C.O iheanacho iheanacho scores once unbelievable scores twice unbelievable ooooooooohhh

IMO the best songs are the ones that just happen, it's so rare that you see one that's been planned out actually catching on... Ian-achio works because it's caught on already and it's easy to join in with. Look at our Argies song, even non-City fans loved it but it's fading away because too many people don't know the words. I think the Kelechi one we're already singing is great and even though it is pronounced incorrectly, he doesn't really care. He looked made up when he knew the fans were singing HIS name at Villa Park!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.