He's Not Called Ianachio

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Why is it that when foreigners pronounce our names wrong it's charming, but when the English pronounce theirs wrong it's an issue.

I think when it comes to everybody pronouncing the right name of someone with a name other than Smith, Smythe, Smit'h etc the chances are tighter than a wallet lodged into a babboon's arse after having diarrhea and a severe illness causing dehydration issues. As long as it isn't insulting and everyone learns how to say it (Dzeko, Gecko, D-ge-co, how many ways was that name said?!) over time, all is good. We're all one big happy family, Louis Van Gaal is our poor uncle pi$$ed as a fart, dancing and waving trying to get our attention, I bet he sings the Ian-Nacho song as he drifts off to sleep, but I bet it sounds like I-am-a-Nacho.

You say Ianachio
I say Nacho
You say Iheanacho
I say Nacho
Ianachio Nacho
Iheanacho Nacho
Lets call this whole thing off

:)

Got my porkpie and all that jazz

Smiths song panic gets my vote. I'll not be singing the stupid proclaimers song should that start up.

I agree with the op that the one we're currently singing is piss poor.

We used to pretty creative with our player chants but copying the David silva "ole" song for kelechi is a very lazy attempt.

The smiths are from Manchester, Johnny Marr is a blue so a smiths based song for one of our players seems right and proper.

Iheanacho
Iheanacho
Iheanacho
Iheanacho
iheanacho, iheanacho, iheanacho

Instead of hang the deejay. Decent in my opinion. Gets the kids into the smiths maybe too which can't be bad.

I'm Nigerian (albeit from a different ethnic group) and even I find it difficult to pronounce his name. His last name is not the easiest to pronounce, even in Nigeria.

but yes, it is certainly nothing like Ian-Nacho. But Kelechi doesn't seem to have a problem with it...so as long as it's catchy and in good fun, no harm done.
Mate of mine with Nigerian heritage reckons they could be dark horses for a future World Cup if they're current young prospects all continue the progression they're showing. Is this an opinion held across the board?

Smiths song panic gets my vote. I'll not be singing the stupid proclaimers song should that start up.

We used to pretty creative with our player chants but copying the David silva "ole" song for kelechi is a very lazy attempt.

The smiths are from Manchester, Johnny Marr is a blue so a smiths based song for one of our players seems right and proper.

Iheanacho
Iheanacho
Iheanacho
Iheanacho

Instead of hang the deejay. Decent in my opinion. Gets the kids into the smiths maybe too which can't be bad.

Don't panic Rachy, but I have a couple of issues

At the end of the day what difference does it make? If they don't believe us now, will they ever believe us? The boy doesn't owe you anything.

Personally I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour but at the end of the day what do we get for our trouble and pain?

On a positive note I was having a curious dream and fell out of bed twice last night and want to drop my trousers to the world

Iheanacho
Iheanacho
Iheanacho
Iheanacho

Typical Smiths fan, if you like them then ram it down the throat of others! I don't mind it but similar to the current one just repeating his name isn't overly imaginative is it? I think we should just accept as fans good chants are few and far between with us these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.