hey everyone and where will we finish this season?

I'm going to be ambitious and say 4th. I'd rather finish 8th than 5th, 6th or 7th. If I was going to design a way to make sure the top 4 stayed the same every year, it would be the Europa League. It's all about finishing in a CL spot for City, then almost anyone is available to us. Had we had CL, Kaka would have come.

Depends on whether Hughes plans on playing the right players in the right positions. I think we'll finish 6th or 7th and have to endure another frustrating year, but after that things will come good with a bit of luck

5th/6th. Did anybody see Sky Sports News last night, some guy in the crowd yesterday saying we MUST finish in the top 4? I mean, if some fans think that we must at least break the top 4 in our first real season they are very much mistaken!

kippax neil said:
blueinbolton77 said:
For me, this is our kick start season and all engines go in 2010/11, so 6th, maybe 7th. if 7th, we'll lose the boss, and then follow the next season with 20th ;-)

IMO I'm pretty confident we can get 6th and a good cup run. I watched the Rangers highlights, we've got a great strike force now which should pay dividends away from home.

I won't underestimate the top 6 opposition, but frankly, they just don't seem as "awsome" as they did and look very vulnerable.

Anything other than top six is not an option this season, certainly for Hughes. Last season should be regarded as our kick start season and most of our starting 11 against Blackburn will have played last season.

A good start is always a help but this season it will settle people and ease a bit of pressure.

Top 6 and a good run in the cups this season shouldn't be unrealistic.

I can't disagree, because what you say will happen if not.

I just remember that it took Ferguson 7 years(ish?), a lot of money ( for the time ), and a lot of club support to dominate the PL. Otherwise you just end up like blackburn by buying one season of glory.

Anywhere in the top six would be great seen as we'd have to push either Aston Villa or Everton out and then still have beat off competition from Fulham, Tottenham and West Ham United.

this lot have gotta gel together,so cant see any top 5 places open to us ,we will be lucky to get 7th,an hughes will be gone by xmas.

As our squad stands 6th or 7th, if we get a creative midfielder, another tall striker (if RSC isnt fully recovered, Ade gets injured or Africa cup, can we recall Jo?) and a couple of class defenders then 4th-6th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.