Hey Jude

Along with Blue Moon it is far away our best song. These are always the two loudest chants, get the most participation and are sung by all four sides of the ground.

Its a crying shame they are not sung more often and instead 50 or so bounce around singing about Edin Dzeko knowing full well it will never travel. We should get back to basics and this will improve the atmosphere greatly.

I shall respectfully disagree on the subject of Blue Moon, Frank. I think it’s shite. It’s too short to ever serve properly as a club anthem, IMO. Each verse comprises no more than about 2 lines and it starts dying away as soon as you reach the 2nd of those verses, cos lots of people either don’t know, or have forgotten, the lyrics. Also the melody just repeats ad nauseum.
When you compare it Sunshine on Leith, Si senor, or even (and whilst acknowledging that the mere mention of it is likely to induce apoplexy) You’ll never walk alone, it’s pitiful. I often wish we’d made more out of Champagne Supernova personally

It's sort of disappeared but "We've been to Rotterdam and Monaco…” is one of our best recent ones. Is there any set of supporters in the land who would sing a song cheerfully taking the piss out of themselves? I seriously doubt it. It's sooo City. Got a great rhythm, too. At Fulham away last season, it seemed as if we just sang it right through the match.

It's sort of disappeared but "We've been to Rotterdam and Monaco…” is one of our best recent ones. Is there any set of supporters in the land who would sing a song cheerfully taking the piss out of themselves? I seriously doubt it. It's sooo City. Got a great rhythm, too. At Fulham away last season, it seemed as if we just sang it right through the match.

We’re not really here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.