Hey YOU! why are you a city fan?

LIZARD

I had a thread like this ages ago and seeing now that the fouroms is full of new members

i thought i would ask why your a city fan?

was you born into it,or did you just pick city as your team?

For me personaly i fancied a girl at school who was a mad city fan,and decided i would

support city too,i slowly became infected with the blue madness and now find myself sneaking

on skysports to see if we have signed anyone at 3:00am in the morning..

its caused me great pain and joy over the years like when them rag bastards were chanting

"were going to wembley and your going to endsleigh".

But we all wouldnt change, someone once said on this fourom that we dont pick to be city

fans we get chosen.

CITY TILL I DIE

Not sure how it happened really, in all honestly i should be a rag.

My dad never liked football but the rest were all reds. My 2 best mates and me were all born in the same year and on same street and they and their close/extended family are all reds too but despite this i just never really liked them, guess it pays to be an awkward twat ;]

My 1st football games were at the swamp with them but i resisted, then one day another lad asked if i wanted to go to watch City and i did. When got there it was sold out and was 3 o clock by now, we asked a tout if any spares and the guy just handed them over and say they were free i was well chuffed. City lost to Leeds 3-2 that day but it just felt so right. The next game i stood in the Kippax and that was it, fully sold i just loved the humour and banter in there and never looked back.

Why do I support this sack of shite?

Wasnt born in Manchester, only lived here for three years, theres not much of an Irish connection after Ireland and Dunne and ofcourse big Quinney, unlike what the rags and scouse have.

Couldnt help it, didn't chose, was slowly drawn in, liked being the underdog in a building full of rag students from surrey and brighton and coventry. I actually tried getting back into man yoo like I did when I was 5 or 7 or something, cuz my best and only mate a few months into moving here was a big time rag, out and out red, but one actually from manchester who wants to see city do well unbelievably and we would go out to the pub to watch the football, I didnt have a team in England, only followed Celtic which is hard to do down here because its hard to get matches on tv for Celtic unless its the Chumps League or you take a LONG walk to the only pub thats going to show it guaranteed.

Couldnt do it, fucking, shite, pish, no passion, hated that **** Ronaldo from the second I seen him, their fans spent 90 minutes in the pub singing nursary rhymes about city when they were playing blackburn or something, dont remember, had no relevance to City anyway.

Fuck this says I, I'll watch a bit of City, and I did; after you say that you don't go back. You can't go back.

My dad used to take me to Loftus Road to watch QPR in the late 60's / early 70's. Rodney Marsh was my idol. When he was transferred to City, so was my heart. I've been a City fan ever since and used to travel with the London Supporters Club when I had a season ticket and was young, free & single, i.e. pre wife & children!!

Was born that way... Dad was a Blue, he used to be one of the horde that went in the 50's to watch both teams at Maine road but he was only ever a blue and didn't follow a lot that went with them when the swamp was finally drained. He always said that the crowd at utd games was different too, a kind of "hysteria" he said it was...

Anyway, it was easy being a Blue as a kid in the early 70's as City were glamorous and successful and my first game at Maine Rd was in 74 (v Luton), oh what a fateful year, so my first memories were of them being shite and City being successful.

Not that I would ever have gone the red way but it made it easier back then I suppose... pity it was all a bit of a cruel joke though after that!

But I wouldn't change it for all the oil in the emirates...

Eh? Oh!

;-)

Dad a blue, uncle, grandad a blue. Sister a blue, had a season ticket before I was pickedfor the school team. Its just in your blood

My dad was a red, But loved to play away if you know what i mean.
So it was uncle how took me to see city in the early 70's.
So dad i have you to thank for being a blue. Oh and your grandson

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.