Hey YOU! why are you a city fan?

Manchester is an island. You cannot reach Manchester until you cross water. Hence Mancunians have an island mentality. We will not be beat. This goes back to the roman times.
I was taught that there was two teams in Manchester, City and City reserves. We have taken batterings on the pitch and on the terracings, but we have never lost the war.
We sunk down to Div 2 and still took 15k away from home. We have a Determination to win and in adversity we smile, why? Because we are City.

I was born in manchester, city was my fathers team...

so therefore my team

ctid

Rodney Marsh's Hair said:
My dad used to take me to Loftus Road to watch QPR in the late 60's / early 70's. Rodney Marsh was my idol. When he was transferred to City, so was my heart. I've been a City fan ever since and used to travel with the London Supporters Club when I had a season ticket and was young, free & single, i.e. pre wife & children!!

This!

As more and more English football became available on tv over here over the last decade (Canada) I would watch various games.. No real link to any specific team, but I would generally cheer for the underdogs in each match. Add in the fact that everybody here is a Rags fanboy and it was just a natural fit. They just grew on me - and now I'm a bit obsessed.

no history of football on dads side he hated footy..22 grown men kicking a pigs bladder about..on mams side grandad took me to stalybridge with my rattle every other week and he was sponge man for saxon mill footy team in droylsden.that got me into football.in 68 i saw joe mercer on world of sport after we beat newcastle 4-3..that was it..city were my team..im a frigging glory hunter..if id waited a few days id have been a rag..

when i was about 3 year old , dad said to me there s 2 footy teams in manchester . man city & man city reserves , gotta pick one son.................................. fuuk the reds... come on city

Grandad=rag
Dad=rag
me at 7=rag
next door neighbour=blue
blue to me, "you comin match to watch City"
Me to blue neighbour, "No!"
Mum (seeing free afternoon) to me, "go on, go with them"
Me, "ok"
45 years later=me still blue
son1=blue
son2=blue
wife(was rag) =blue

blue neighbour....not been for 40 years..........rag!

This club of ours has been in my family for 100 years,my dad has been going for 50 years and remembers going with his dad and grandad it could be longer if i'm honest ,first game 1985 beat wimbledon 3-0 ,hooked ever since.I remember being in Kosovo when it was really bad in 1999 shit conditions horrible place ,i found bbc world sevice on some piece of shit radio and listened to us spank sheff utd 6-0 i was the happiest man in the world.

Having suffered fifty years of Purgatory, we seasoncard holders are guranteed our own place in heaven, everything is sky blue in heaven, the angels' wings, the clouds, God's beard, and we win every match. In heaven we are the English, European, World and Heavenly Champions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.