Hgv tests relaxed by government

See the government have relaxed the testing of hgv drivers, this is going to cause carnage on our roads as there are enough dickhead drivers already on the roads. Apparently they are doing away with the reversing part of the test, I would have thought that was pretty crucial
No, I agree about reversing, it isn't done on the M6, just in delivery yards and if some daft fuck takes out half of Tescos who cares.
As long as they can drive in a straight line, corner and turn right, all whilst watching YouTube everything is fine

They are NOT removing the reversing aspect of the test. When doing a HGV test the first thing you do is the reverse in the centre before you go out on the road. If you don't pass that you don't go any further. If you then go on to fail out on the road you wont have to do the reversing part on any further tests. Thus saving time, enabling them to do more tests per day.

Driving standards across the board have deteriorated drastically over the past couple of years.The roads are full of clueless fuckers and dick heads,and that's before we get on to the non legal types.
Is the correct answer... I drove a lot in Germany and on the continent when I was working and I have to say that the standard of the drivers here is woeful in comparison to abroad.. No lane discipline, poor judgment and a righteous attitude that makes most journeys a pain in the arse

I've got my C+E but I never had the medical at 50 (57 now) ... I don't think I'll be bothering to refresh the qualification

Back to the OP.. If it's true that they are removing reversing from the test then I'm shocked. The reverse and the couple / uncouple for C+E were all important parts of the process for me

No, I agree about reversing, it isn't done on the M6, just in delivery yards and if some daft fuck takes out half of Tescos who cares.
As long as they can drive in a straight line, corner and turn right, all whilst watching YouTube everything is fine
My mate( top blue by the ways) been driving them for 30 years can watch a film and cook his breakfast whilst trundling along, he's having the time of his life since the government removed the self employed tax dodgers off the road. He seems to get a pay rise every week. :-)

Will part of the new test be
"There's a fellow HGV driver, 300 yds up ahead, doing 55 mph. I'm currently doing 56 mph. Shall I immediately pull into the middle lane of the motorway, maintaining my 56 mph, thus causing a tailback for the next few hours until I finally overtake, and move back into the inside lane".

If the answer is yes, congratulations. You've passed (the test.... not the HGV)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.