HH Sheikh Mansour congratulates City fans

Sure he will get bored and leave us like everyone predicted I mean spending all that money on a training ground isn't showing commitment is it... Legend

He's practically changed our lives, some of us. Following City is so different now. It's just been absolutely amazing for those of us who were there for all the bad times. The fans of most other clubs will never know just how fantastic it feels for a pipe dream to become a reality. Never mind the silverware, either, just to be the best team in our own City was something I never expected to see in my life time.

Sheikh Mansour is my ultimate football hero.

Pam said:
He's practically changed our lives, some of us. Following City is so different now. It's just been absolutely amazing for those of us who were there for all the bad times. The fans of most other clubs will never know just how fantastic it feels for a pipe dream to become a reality. Never mind the silverware, either, just to be the best team in our own City was something I never expected to see in my life time.

Sheikh Mansour is my ultimate football hero.

You're right Pam, it has changed peoples lives, mine included..
Thank you Sheikh Mansour.

de niro said:
class act for sure. the thing is IF he did walk away i'd still thank him for giving me the best years ever as a blue. better even than the team joe mercer had. we have collectively one of the best teams in Europe. its frightening that we are only going to get better

And that is exactly right, it's frightening that we are just going to get better and better.

I envy my two sons aged 29 and 27 plus my Grandson, they have a lifetime of this to look forward to.

I just want to cram as much as I can in before "Come in number 46" bellows from the clouds above!!

bobmcfc said:
Akai said:
What are your ambitions in Manchester City?

*Sheikh Mansour Smiles immediately* - "Those who support the club, congratulations on the win yesterday. I think our ambitions are big and a lot of people thought that the investment in the club was just about spending money and buying the most expensive players. But, I think as a citizen of the United Arab Emirates and as an investor in the United Kingdom, we wanted to deliver a message, that we are – yes we do have a lot of goods but we must use it in a correct way and we must be good at our investments and use our money in a correct way."

He adds later: "We think that this investment in this club is successful because the club was a mid-table team and now it’s distinguished club not because we spent a lot of money, but compared to other clubs in the United Kingdom and outside the UK, spent more than Manchester City in the previous season and their results were disappointing. What’s most important for us is to give a good impression of the Emirati investor in the UK, Europe and the West." *He then says that this club is supported by lots of Arabs in Europe and they attend lots of matches in the Etihad and that this club is for all the people in the Middle East*

"I want to point out something very important that we have done the last 3 or 2 seasons. We focused our attention on the youths. Not only that, we also focused on cooperating with the local community because the philosophy of the clubs in Europe is that part of the community work happens in the local city. So this gave us a new experience because most of our local clubs (UAE clubs) focus all their attention on one thing only, one idea and they forgot the community work. A new academy has been made to help the locals in Manchester. We also focused on talents that play outside of Europe, South American players, Africans, mostly youths to invest on them."

"I’d like to say that the investments on a club shouldn't just be about buying players, but its about the youths, the infrastructure, the local community and we have UAE students who go to the club, to learn from their experience because I think the competition in the UK is the best competition in the world."

He is actually perfection isn't he ? He cares so much not just about the club but the community built around it. A great great man and we are lucky he and his family chose our club .

I'd think cares is a strong word for it but it is certainly true that he is treating our club as a serious investment and not just something to keep him occupied for a while. A lot of respect for him and what he has done for our club, as well as what he is doing.

I'm in my late 40's now and been a blue all my life. I remember the back end of our success in Mercer era and winning the league cup in 76. Stuck by our missfortunes ever since. Before Thaksin invested in us I honestly thought I would never see my beloved blues win another trophy in my life and that worried me a lot.

Thanks a Billion Sheikh Mansoor.

I will never ever forget the day ADUG took over. Sheik Mansour realized I could merely dream of. Him coming out with a statement about our club shows how much qualification for the knock-out phases mean to him. City-fans should therefore congratulate him.

10 year plan, halfway through. Just imagine we can progress from here where we'd progressed since 31-8-2008 ... I'm gonna faint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.