Hiking thread

I loved the Peak district

Me too. Fond memories of hiking there with my girlfriend in the early seventies. One thing I discovered very clearly — outdoor nooky. Totally overrated. You're pestered by flies and God knows what who see that something interesting is going on and want to get in on it. Even worse: taking your dog out with your loved one, and deciding in the middle of the woods that you're both up for a bit of it, alfresco, as it were. The dog will immediately want to make it a threesome. No! Really not.
Woof!
Last time I hiked in the Peak Districk one and a half years ago I buggered my knee, though. The knee's recovered well (after surgery) but I suspect my hiking days are over. Or at least hiking for six, seven hours or so per day over rugged terrain.

Last edited:
Did Snowdon in the snow on Saturday, fantastic day for it and thoroughly enjoyed it. View attachment 108290

View attachment 108291

Great pics. Lived immediately across the valley for a year, in a cosy slater's cottage that had been refurbished. about a kilometre above Deiniolen. One of the most luminous years of my life.

Edit: bet you're the Gandalf figure over on the left…

Last edited:
Great pics. Lived immediately across the valley for a year, in a cosy slater's cottage that had been refurbished. about a kilometre above Deiniolen. One of the most luminous years of my life.

Edit: bet you're the Gandalf figure over on the left…
Yep that’s me lol.

gonna chuck it down tomorrow,
first day me and the mrs have been off at the same time for a while,so we're not going out.
I'm off next thurs and the forcast looks good,gonna catch the bus to greenfield,up to chew reservoir and walk
to laddow rocks and crowden , then home or if I'm knackered the bus.

gonna chuck it down tomorrow,
first day me and the mrs have been off at the same time for a while,so we're not going out.
I'm off next thurs and the forcast looks good,gonna catch the bus to greenfield,up to chew reservoir and walk
to laddow rocks and crowden , then home or if I'm knackered the bus.

Good slep^ ..used to do that twice a week from the etihad on a bike..now ive read your post the bikes getting cleaned and oiled next dry day.

Walked up to Pots and Pans ( Saddleworth war memorial ) in Greenfield
yesterday from Ashton ,went via Hartshead Pike and returned on the canal to Stalybridge.Coming down from Pots there was a bluemoon of sorts!
GI8hVerW8AAptr6.jpegGI89eBUXoAAzGqU.jpegGI9EQmmWYAAeLCK.jpegGI9_TvRXYAAqwKP.jpeg

Me too. Fond memories of hiking there with my girlfriend in the early seventies. One thing I discovered very clearly — outdoor nooky. Totally overrated. You're pestered by flies and God knows what who see that something interesting is going on and want to get in on it. Even worse: taking your dog out with your loved one, and deciding in the middle of the woods that you're both up for a bit of it, alfresco, as it were. The dog will immediately want to make it a threesome. No! Really not.
Woof!
Last time I hiked in the Peak Districk one and a half years ago I buggered my knee, though. The knee's recovered well (after surgery) but I suspect my hiking days are over. Or at least hiking for six, seven hours or so per day over rugged terrain.
Your Keith Lard…. Can I claim my £10 lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.