Hiking thread

I’m coming over for three weeks in May and during that stay I’m considering taking a hike up to High Cup Nick, so I have a question.

I’ll be travelling up from Worcestershire/Herefordshire, so course I will have to check the weather forecast and pick my day, but are there any other websites I can check that would give me a more accurate description, especially regarding cloud ceiling and visibility?

We did almost 10 miles last weekend. From Balcombe train station car park to Balcombe viaduct then round Ardingly reservoir back to car park. It was part of prep for a 22 mile sponsored walk in October

I did Pen Y Fan and Corn Du in the Brecon Beacons last week. I’m now on 25 of the Trail 100. We only did a quick up and down from the Storey Arms car park before my teenage daughters raised from their slumbers. Next time I’ll do the full horseshoe. It’s a beautiful part of the world.

I also did a short stretch of the Pembrokeshire coastal path near Abereidy and the Blue Lagoon. I fell in love with the place.

Trying to bed in my new karrimor boots and failing , karrimor have never previously let me down but my heels are blistering every time even with plasters, strapping,heel grips etc
Just wondering what boots are recommended for wider feet ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.