Hip-Hop Heads

TheMightyQuinn said:
1 - Public Enemy - Simply the most important and greatest hip hop group of all time.
2 - Wu Tang - A collective of some of the greatest rappers ever, one of whom also doubles as one of the best producers.
3 - A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders is flawless, Low End Theory isn't far behind.
4 - Paris - The only political MC who can hold a candle to Public Enemy.
5 - Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Classic material.
6 - The Beatnuts - 1st EP and LP were 10/10 classics.
7 - Redman - Psychedelic, funkadelic, 'The Jimi Hendrix of rap'
8 - EPMD - Flawless
9 - Diamond - For Stunts, Blunts & Hip Hop an album of quality throughout.
10 - Big L - Punchlines, wit, could actually rap and had charisma unlike most dead rappers who were over rated and shit.

I've probably not listed my favourites, I'm tired.

what EPMD you got? i only got the album 'strictly business' and the beatnuts i used to listen to them years ago also!

Uwe Rösler said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
1 - Public Enemy - Simply the most important and greatest hip hop group of all time.
2 - Wu Tang - A collective of some of the greatest rappers ever, one of whom also doubles as one of the best producers.
3 - A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders is flawless, Low End Theory isn't far behind.
4 - Paris - The only political MC who can hold a candle to Public Enemy.
5 - Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Classic material.
6 - The Beatnuts - 1st EP and LP were 10/10 classics.
7 - Redman - Psychedelic, funkadelic, 'The Jimi Hendrix of rap'
8 - EPMD - Flawless
9 - Diamond - For Stunts, Blunts & Hip Hop an album of quality throughout.
10 - Big L - Punchlines, wit, could actually rap and had charisma unlike most dead rappers who were over rated and shit.

I've probably not listed my favourites, I'm tired.

what EPMD you got? i only got the album 'strictly business' and the beatnuts i used to listen to them years ago also!

All 4 of the original EPMD albums are worth getting mate, I'd say the other 3 you're missing are a lot better than Strictly Business (Business as usual, Business never personal and Unfinished Business). I wouldn't bother with the reunion albums to be honest though. The Beatnuts, early Beatnuts anyway, were fucking ace!

Kudos to QR for Award Tour! Yeah baby :)

Banned Tosspot said:
Where's Cypress Hill TMQ?

I wouldn't list them as a favourite to be honest. Quite liked the 1st album, 2nd one was a bit same old same old though I did like the 3rd one, really edgy, paranoid and quite nasty - makes for a good occasional listen. I've never bothered investigating them post the first 3 albums though as they didn't do much for me really.

I did like the 2 songs they did slagging Ice Cube off though as they went for the jugular and it was quite funny.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Banned Tosspot said:
Where's Cypress Hill TMQ?

I wouldn't list them as a favourite to be honest. Quite liked the 1st album, 2nd one was a bit same old same old though I did like the 3rd one, really edgy, paranoid and quite nasty - makes for a good occasional listen. I've never bothered investigating them post the first 3 albums though as they didn't do much for me really.

I did like the 2 songs they did slagging Ice Cube off though as they went for the jugular and it was quite funny.
That'll be the pot ;)

Banned Tosspot said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

That'll be the pot ;)

Lol yeah I was going to say that but didn't want to come across all 'stoner' like! It's easily my favourite album of theirs though. Although we all know that weed songs have been done to death now!

TheMightyQuinn said:
Banned Tosspot said:
That'll be the pot ;)

Lol yeah I was going to say that but didn't want to come across all 'stoner' like! It's easily my favourite album of theirs though. Although we all know that weed songs have been done to death now!
Was in HMV yesterday and there was a Morrisey book full of facts about him and I thought of you fruity balls :)

Mozipedia.jpg

Banned Tosspot said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Was in HMV yesterday and there was a Morrisey book full of facts about him and I thought of you fruity balls :)

Mozipedia.jpg

I'll have to buy that despite being skint and petrified that if I don't start making a few savings soon I'll be forced to miss out on The Beatles reissues!

TheMightyQuinn said:
Banned Tosspot said:

Mozipedia.jpg

I'll have to buy that despite being skint and petrified that if I don't start making a few savings soon I'll be forced to miss out on The Beatles reissues!
I want them in Mono but they're 200 quid! :(

I think I'll get the stereo ones bit by bit, from the start and download the monos in flac format. Already got Pepper and it sounds different to my stereo LP.

Banned Tosspot said:
I want them in Mono but they're 200 quid! :(

I think I'll get the stereo ones bit by bit, from the start and download the monos in flac format. Already got Pepper and it sounds different to my stereo LP.

Yeah that's the problem, I want all of them in mono and stereo but they're expensive.

I'll have to get them one by one too. White album first obviously!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.