9. Tupac
10. Tupac
11.Nas

i hear you on the pac thing..

pure thug poetry.

my fav track of his has to be:

it aint easy (me against the world)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXdVg-C7ulo[/youtube]

Tupac was awful. He only sold a few records when he was alive as he had a pretty face and could act much better than he could rap. His death was exploited by an industry that realised that Hip Hop had not had a dead star or martyr yet and so he was canonised by white kids who want to be cool and black kids who are middle class but want to be 'ghetto'.

He couldn't rap, his lyrics were trite and embarrassing, he got by solely on the fact he had a flat stomach, some tattoos to appeal to white kids and had a high profile thanks to several twattish crimes.

On the flip side you have Big L, a true talent who was killed as a case of mistaken identity yet he, to this day, fails to get any recognition outside of the true school underground.

2pac (as he was before he died and became the, frankly gay, 'Tupac') was as hip hop as Peter Andre is rock n roll. A trained ballet dancer who opted to become a 'thug' to try to sell more records as a last resort as his 'talent' simply didn't shift records.

Interestingly enough the 'thug' wept the night he signed to Death Row, he knew he was in over his head now with real talent and also real gangsters.

Could just be me being an older and boring twat I accept that. I mean he did the odd good tune (who wouldn't given the support he had from day one?) mainly thanks to outsider producers and mc's and he was a decent actor but people get too carried away with his legacy. He was a charismatic and possibly gay entertainer to played gangster to appeal to white kids.

Just my opinion though and young lads listening to him graduate to Tribe, Ultras or Krs then it can only be a good thing.

Today I have been mostly listening to...

New(ish) Releases...

John Robinson & MF Doom - Who is this man?
Shur-I-Kan - Humble Bees Project

Classics...

Roots Manuva - Brand new secondhand
Ty - Upwards

Select tunes from all (where available)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3a-dLlrOTI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdi8QPJxGMA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwVQIGYOi3I[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YPH39b5uF4[/youtube]

johnmc said:
Tha 'liks anyone - only time i've really laughed to lyrics

21 & Over! What a fucking album!

Make Room is a tune and a half, I remember my cousins blasting that one out when I was a kid and I loved it.

Good call, lost track of them after their 2nd album Coast 2 Coast but always rated them.

TheMightyQuinn said:
johnmc said:
Tha 'liks anyone - only time i've really laughed to lyrics

Make Room is a tune and a half, I remember my cousins blasting that one out when I was a kid and I loved it.

Good call, lost track of them after their 2nd album Coast 2 Coast but always rated them.

I need to get the cd's out man - lost track since going digital. Loved that shit especially as i was bordeline alky when first listening to them "put the bottle to your lips when i sip you sip we sip".

johnmc said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

I need to get the cd's out man - lost track since going digital. Loved that shit especially as i was bordeline alky when first listening to them "put the bottle to your lips when i sip you sip we sip".

My cousin who is now an aging 'b boy' sorted me out with a hard drive full of classic hip hop tunes from the 80's/90's a while back, about 30gb in total. If all else fails I can try to sort you some stuff out when I get a minute.

There's fuck loads of blogs with free album downloads on covering this kind of hip hop mate, just do a google image search for the album you're after and you'll find a free copy. Or try When They Reminisce, a blog thing, and if it isn't on there just browse the links and you'll find everything you're after.

TheMightyQuinn said:
My cousin who is now an aging 'b boy' sorted me out with a hard drive full of classic hip hop tunes from the 80's/90's a while back, about 30gb in total. If all else fails I can try to sort you some stuff out when I get a minute.

There's fuck loads of blogs with free album downloads on covering this kind of hip hop mate, just do a google image search for the album you're after and you'll find a free copy. Or try When They Reminisce, a blog thing, and if it isn't on there just browse the links and you'll find everything you're after.

Nice

I'll have a go but Limewire (i know its shit) and Itunes is about as much I manage at the minute

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.