Hip-Hop Heads

McNair9 said:
Tupac is and will forever be the greatest of all time

He was pretty and a good actor but as a rapper he was mediocre and he's championed for being a 'Thug' whilst he was actually a sensitive little ballet dancer and there's nothing wrong with that.

The first ever double rap CD at the time, All Eyez on Me, is one of the highest-selling rap albums of all time, with over 5 million copies of the album sold in the United States alone by April 1996; it was eventually certified 9x platinum in June 1998 by the RIAA

McNair9 said:
The first ever double rap CD at the time, All Eyez on Me, is one of the highest-selling rap albums of all time, with over 5 million copies of the album sold in the United States alone by April 1996; it was eventually certified 9x platinum in June 1998 by the RIAA
The Eagles have the biggest selling album in America apparently.

No taste goes around.

Can't be arsed reading the whole thread, lazy as fluck today but noticed a few good shouts.

Check out some Akrobatik, he's got some pretty sick tracks, also one of my fave tracks hip-hop by Dead Prez (got a bass line I can listen to all day), although not heard much else by them.

Also into some Luda but I think I like his videos more than anything.

McNair9 said:

His sales were largely helped by his numerous public arrests etc which helped build his image as a bad boy not to mention getting into bed with Death Row who were, at the time, the biggest and most exciting thing, to most people, in black music.

He's ok at his best but his memory has been reinterpreted to appeal to a white teen audience and he's now nothing more than a poster boy for people who want to be hard. In much the same way that Bob Marley for all his talent and beliefs has been appropriated as the face of weed smokers world wide and nothing more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.