I'm probably well behind the times, but i've been listening to this guy for about a year now and he deserves to be blowing up, Nick Grant, IMO is the heir to Nas' throne. For the older hip hop heads on here, his flow and delivery is so 90's and he picks perfect beats, his freestyles are amazing but so are his recorded tracks. Just check him out on youtube, hes amazing.

I'm probably well behind the times, but i've been listening to this guy for about a year now and he deserves to be blowing up, Nick Grant, IMO is the heir to Nas' throne. For the older hip hop heads on here, his flow and delivery is so 90's and he picks perfect beats, his freestyles are amazing but so are his recorded tracks. Just check him out on youtube, hes amazing.

Just listened to one track. Immediately reminded of this Mathers lyric

Pissed off ‘cause Biggie and Pac just missed all this
Watchin' all these cheap imitations get rich off 'em
And get dollars that shoulda been theirs like they switched wallets

And amidst all this Crist' poppin' and wrist watches
I just sit back and just watch and just get nauseous

Don't think he's trying to imitate them (def doesn't have either of their styles) but is paying homage to the old skool. In one of his tracks he says

'A southern ***** with these up north flows'

and

'I’ll probably make Rakim and Daddy Kane the proudest
She in the crib looking at the walls like you ain’t got no plaques
That’s cause those other ****** ruined rap'

Guy's a throwback.

I liked Eminem’s work in the nineties and early 2000s.

I like songs such as Guilty Conscience, Role Model, My Name is & The Real Slim Shady etc. His Stan collaboration with Elton John is awesome, too.

Can't stand Eminem. Massively overrated.

Not for everybody and he has had his best days I agree. You can only be an angry yoof for so long :)

I'm judging the posters recommendation on a random sample i looked at. My immediate reaction was Niggaz dis and Niggaz dat really had its day when I had a boombox late 80s / 90's. Of one track i recognise it isn't a great sample, but i wont be listening to any more, no hook for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.