Historically A Very Good Year

Lancet Fluke said:
blueyorkie said:
Santiago Street . said:
2012/2013 that is

On course to finish in the top 2 which given that we've only won the league 3 times makes this our joint 4th best season ever. Squad full of brilliant players. A manager who wins a trophy virtually every year no matter where he is. Brand spanking new ground sold out every week. Hundreds of millions being invested in new academy and various other infrastructure and community projects. Owners with gazillions in the bank poised to splash some close season cash on another superstar.

WHY AREN'T YOU HAPPY

Forums are populated largely by teenagers with no real perspective on life and the terminally bored vocal minority kneejerk reaction brigade so any disappointment felt by normal fans as they reflected on a poor display at Soton is exaggerated to the nth degree by forum nutters.

GET OVER YOURSELVES

COMMON SENSE ON HERE!!! GO AWAY YOU DON'T FIT IN !!!!!

One man's common sense is another man's utter horse shit.

... Every little helps!

greasedupdeafguy said:
Out of the LC against a shite Villa team

Knocked out of the CL without winning a fucking game

Out of the title race in early Feb

Inconsistent performances throughout the season

Players under performing

Boring football

And you wonder why some are unhappy?
FACT

IF we get it then it then its our first runners up spot since 76/77 !!

another ghost banished if so

and next year we have a go again :-)

Happy Feet said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Out of the LC against a shite Villa team

Knocked out of the CL without winning a fucking game

Out of the title race in early Feb

Inconsistent performances throughout the season

Players under performing

Boring football

And you wonder why some are unhappy?
FACT

unhappy because they havent seen the shite year in year out, no matter what happens if the season finished like it is now it would be our second most successful prem finish in decades FACT

It's hard not to reflect on the bad times and by our standards this has still been a good season.

I can also see the argument that we missed a trick in the summer. I think we did underestimate United who lets face it are going nowhere particularly when you look at their latest financial figures and the fact that Slur Alcy hasn't retired yet! They'll be stronger again next season and we have to come back with interest.

whilst I agree with the OP in being a good year compared to not that long ago,the club have improved no end with top quality players.However the rags look liike they are going to win the league with an inferior team and squad.The players we have are underperforming when you look at the quality on show.

gkmcfc said:
It's hard not to reflect on the bad times and by our standards this has still been a good season.

I can also see the argument that we missed a trick in the summer. I think we did underestimate United who lets face it are going nowhere particularly when you look at their latest financial figures and the fact that Slur Alcy hasn't retired yet! They'll be stronger again next season and we have to come back with interest.
I don't think we underestimated Utd, I think we concluded that £24m plus plus £20 m wages for RVP was too much. It works for Utd as they can afford to write that off. I don't think he will be able to operate at his current level for more than one more season.

Why will they be stronger next season? They are unlikely to buy more forwards seeing as Henriquez and Zaha will be with them next season. Their midfield and defence needs to be overhauled with Buttner and Kagawa big disappointments. Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs are all on their way out. Maybe Nani too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.