Historically A Very Good Year

Pigeonho said:
Presumably you are one of those teenagers then?

And people have a right to be unhappy if the title is being not just given back to United, but polished, securely packaged and hand-delivered there, and performances like that on Saturday point that that is the case.

We're in a position where we shouldn't be accepting second place unless there's literally nothing we can do about it. We're not little old City anymore, and this group of players should at least still be within touching distance of United.

Do you EVER have anything positive to say about the team or us as supporters...
Please check ...
I have

I have to admit that i get a wee bit uncomfortable when people draw correlations between money spent and success on the pitch. Money is a major factor but not the only aspect that decides or gurantees success on the pitch.

I like to base everything on the quality of players on the pitch regardless of how they were acquired, because basing it on the money spent would imply that Andy Carroll, Kun Aguero and Fernando Torres are the best strikers in league and probably in the world if you discount Ronaldo as a striker.

So its better to comment that although we have a very talented team, we have not played well this season.

We have taken a gap year this year. We bought badly and our main rivals improved their team.

The nonsense with Mario lasted for at least half a season longer than it should have.

We were terrible in europe and went backwards from the year before.

We were never going to walk the league but we are giving it up without a fight and that is unacceptable.

carlosthejackal said:
Happy Feet said:
Glad to see some people are happy to put up with mediocrity in relation to money spent.
summed up perfectly

M
'mediocraty in relation to money spent' ?????

Ohh so it's as simple as that, then is it???

So, as our bitter detractors maintain, it's just a primary school mathematical formula ?????

FFS.. get a fookin grip....

Completely agree with the OP. Our fans have very short memories they are calling players sh*t when we have had to endure the likes of Alan Kernaghan and Michael frontzeck

Anyone who describes any of our first team as sh*t are clearly delusional and simply can't break the moan city habit of a lifetime. Maybe not up to champions league quality in some cases but sh*t!? Do me a favour.

On the one hand these supporters come on he calling the likes of Dzeko, Nasri, Garcia, balo, Lescott etc then on the other criticise the team and mancini cos we're not challenging for the title and usually these are the self same posters. Well what is it ? Either the managers sh*t or the players are, it can't be both.

Am I disappointed that we in all likelihood won't retain the title, yes, does that mean I'm going to call for the managers head and wholesale player changes, absolutely not,

Some of these 'fans' need a serious reality check. Since when did they become rags that think we have a divine right to win things ?

Oh but sorry, just remembered, we don't give a f*ck cos we're all p*ssed up! More contradictions eh?

A man called sun said:
The last 2 posts are spot on, why is everyone so happy about our season? Yes it's better than the dark days but we our resources Mancini has under achieved this season and there's no sign of him turning it around.
It's not only better than our dark days, it's better than most of our best days. As I've said this will be only the tenth time we've ever finished in the top three of the top league...and, as I've said, very few things take a straight upward trajectory; often things dip and plateau along a general rise upwards.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:49 pm --<br /><br />
Happy Feet said:
Glad to see some people are happy to put up with mediocrity in relation to money spent.
It's not you're fucking money so why should you be bothered one little bit about how much Sheikh Mansour has spent?

Santiago Street . said:
2012/2013 that is

On course to finish in the top 2 which given that we've only won the league 3 times makes this our joint 4th best season ever. Squad full of brilliant players. A manager who wins a trophy virtually every year no matter where he is. Brand spanking new ground sold out every week. Hundreds of millions being invested in new academy and various other infrastructure and community projects. Owners with gazillions in the bank poised to splash some close season cash on another superstar.

WHY AREN'T YOU HAPPY

Forums are populated largely by teenagers with no real perspective on life and the terminally bored vocal minority kneejerk reaction brigade so any disappointment felt by normal fans as they reflected on a poor display at Soton is exaggerated to the nth degree by forum nutters.

GET OVER YOURSELVES

For Christ's sake, man, look at the performances !
Are they what we should expect from a squad like ours ??

Blueband Brother said:
I have to admit that i get a wee bit uncomfortable when people draw correlations between money spent and success on the pitch. Money is a major factor but not the only aspect that decides or gurantees success on the pitch.

I like to base everything on the quality of players on the pitch regardless of how they were acquired, because basing it on the money spent would imply that Andy Carroll, Kun Aguero and Fernando Torres are the best strikers in league and probably in the world if you discount Ronaldo as a striker.

So its better to comment that although we have a very talented team, we have not played well this season.

Hmm, comparing Sergio aguero to Andy Carroll, your a sneaky one aren't you?
How much did Berbatov cost? We could have got two Phil Jones for what we paid for Sergio.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.