Hobbies for the middle aged man

Why?
When would you intend on using it?
What would you do when you are there?
At the minute I have just over a year left on my mortgage, so when that is paid off I am thinking of buying a two bed apartment that I can use initially for a three week break in June and ten days or two weeks in September, with family and close friends using it July and August, then in about 7 or 8 years retiring over there.

Due to the attacks on my wages and pension over the last 12 years, I could exist here, however with much lower cost of living (utilities, internet, food, drink, etc) I could live there.

With the internet now, I could watch any of the programmes I watch here, could download the same books I read here, but during the summer, relax on the balcony with the morning coffee, or sometimes dinner al-fresco with a glass of something set.
During the winter, walks along the seafront, visit the UNESCO world heritage site at Nessebar when not crowded with thousands of tourists etc.
Going for three weeks in June to see how I feel about a complex, but so far it is ticking every box as a longish term plan.
I see nothing here to keep me, as I would just be vegetating in the house reading books and watching wildlife documentaries, so can do that and have enough money to eat out a couple of times a week as well in BG

Would recommend open water swimming to anyone. Probably better waiting a few months for it to warm up slightly as it's the toughest time of year now to start.

Another one as mentioned above, learn a language. Pick a culture you are interested in or a place you really want to visit. You will end up listening to podcasts, music and watching travel vlogs on YouTube as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.