Hobbies for the middle aged man

Cheers pal,

Appreciate your words.

I'm 6 weeks in, passed the sore fingers stage and can play wonderwall.

Currently learning Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd but it's hard going.

Just going through the course on the website and practicing for a couple of hours each day.
It's nice to have something new to focus on and I'm so so excited to one day be able to pick it up and play some tunes with confidence.

Really want to surprise some friends and my kids.
Brilliant mate - don't apply pressure to yourself to achieve 'x' by such a time and just enjoy it for what it is.

A lot of the fun is the getting good.

I love it.........

I tried learning guitar but I found it too uncomfortable and physically difficult. I changed to learning piano, and whilst I'm not at all good, it is much more comfortable and I am enjoying learning to read music.
Give it another go if you can - possibly try out a different shape of guitar to fit your requirements........

Cheers pal,

Appreciate your words.

I'm 6 weeks in, passed the sore fingers stage and can play wonderwall.

Currently learning Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd but it's hard going.

Just going through the course on the website and practicing for a couple of hours each day.
It's nice to have something new to focus on and I'm so so excited to one day be able to pick it up and play some tunes with confidence.

Really want to surprise some friends and my kids.
Took pelters on here once for saying that Oasis music is entry level for musicians and thats why every crap pub band of kids plays their songs. True though.

Keep going mate and good luck with it. Learn the Floyd and you will be a muso

Took pelters on here once for saying that Oasis music is entry level for musicians and thats why every crap pub band of kids plays their songs. True though.

Nah mate PF music is dead easy and simple. Mostly slow and plodding.

Give it another go if you can - possibly try out a different shape of guitar to fit your requirements........
Well I tried an acoustic and electric, and whilst I recognise that such things come in all shapes and sizes, I think I just prefer piano. Having said that, never say never, and I will soon have a lot more time on my hands :-)

"Meat & potatoes drumming" summed up their first album for me (think it was Miranda Sawyer who said it).

Virtual reality headset made by facebook (Meta). I mostly play some of the sports games like Walkabout mini golf and IB cricket. You get lost in the world and it feels like you're actually playing the game. Loads of different types of games on there. Its also good for watching short 360 degree films in cities, nature, etc that actually make you feel like youre there. It's actually very impressive.

Second this. It's anti-social for your family too, which is classic middle-aged bloke stuff.

Walkabout is brilliant. Eleven table tennis, and Puzzling Places are two I dip into whenever I have a few minutes too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.