Holiday advice

Turkey currently bouncing along at 14.5 per 100,000 and has been stable for a couple of weeks, due to fly on Friday next week so unless something goes proper tits up with the figures between now and then I should be good to go.
I presume the numbers are low due to testing but at resorts they are taking it very seriously with su beds on the beach properly spaced and bars and restaurants being very clean.

Just back from Sardinia. Went for 10 days. Loved it. Checks at airports and some restaurants. Everyone working in hotel/bars/restaurants and shops wearing a mask. About time we brought that in here as made no sense not to.

Felt quite normal to be honest and flying was fine. Quieter than usual and generally more pleasant. 2hr flight or so and just had a sandwich 1hr in to get a bit of time out of the mask. I used to work for a pharmaceutical company and wear them for about 9hrs so not bothered by them.

The only issues with sleazy jet came from passengers not reading pre flight requirements to wear certain masks/only take one piece of carry on and they only had themselves to blame.

Fortunate that I can work from home so quarantine wasn't too much of a risk for me but it didn't go on the list anyway. Cases worse here so a staycation would have been more risky anyway.

Just got back from Italy. The difference over there to here is staggering. Everyone wears masks. And a lot wear them outdoors. Everything seem almost normal. Outdoor life does make that easier. But everyone respected the measures in place. Manchester airport was very quiet. Strolled through security.

Turkey currently bouncing along at 14.5 per 100,000 and has been stable for a couple of weeks, due to fly on Friday next week so unless something goes proper tits up with the figures between now and then I should be good to go.
I presume the numbers are low due to testing but at resorts they are taking it very seriously with su beds on the beach properly spaced and bars and restaurants being very clean.

I was in Turkey 4 weeks ago, the bars don't give a fuck soon as the police go they take masks off and dance around. Didn't see anyone getting stopped for not wearing a mask when out and about. I'd say it's the same as here tbh but are bars are setup better to avoid one another.

The surge of cases in Poland is very concerning from a travel perspective.
To go from around 10 per 100k the other week to now over 20 leaves it very vulnerable to being removed from the safe travel list. Think Poland is more vulnerable than Greece now.
Swapped the Gdansk trip lined up at the end of October for Krakow and took advantage of the Ryanair BOGOF as a mate also fancied it, but really hard to see it going ahead.

In other news, just returned from a weekend in Perugia. Really nice place, incredible views over the Umbria region.
Weather was mostly shite which was a bit of a shame, though we did get to spend Saturday afternoon on the hotel roof terrace enjoying a few beers in the sunshine (literally rained the rest of the time). Reasonable prices for food and drinks in the centre, which was full of quirky little side streets and architecture. Well worth seeing though a weekend is enough unless you want to venture further out into the region.

Outbound flight was quite eventful; had to circle for about 30 mins outside Perugia as the weather was looking dodgy, finally descended and had almost landed when the engines went on and back in the air we went. Crew came round with sickbags as it had been a very bumpy extra hour in the air and some people we're looking worse for wear. I'm quite a calm flyer but I must admit I was happy to get on the ground when we finally made it.

Perugia 1.PNGperugia 2.PNGperugia 3.PNGperugia 4.PNG

Barring any last minute disasters, Perugia on Friday for me for the weekend.

Will be my 8th time to Italy (Sorrento x3, Rome and Cagliari same trip, Venice, Verona, Milan)

Still yet to make it to Sicily or the heel. Also want to see Florence, the lakes, more of Sardinia.

Amongst my favourite countries, feel like I could visit dozens of times and still want more.
Was in Florence & Lucca last September , absolutely stunning , went to Sicily the year before at Easter , Cefalu near Palermo , beautiful seaside town , went at Easter , the celebrations in the town were great to see.
Love Italy, if there’s a more beautiful place on earth than Lake Garda then I haven’t seen it

Was in Florence & Lucca last September , absolutely stunning , went to Sicily the year before at Easter , Cefalu near Palermo , beautiful seaside town , went at Easter , the celebrations in the town were great to see.
Love Italy, if there’s a more beautiful place on earth than Lake Garda then I haven’t seen it

was in Lake Garda this time last year - loved driving around that place for a week - agreed on Italy for me without doubt the best place in Europe on many levels

I might try Düsseldorf before Christmas but avoid Oktoberfest. It’ll be carnage.

Just got back from Italy. The difference over there to here is staggering. Everyone wears masks. And a lot wear them outdoors. Everything seem almost normal. Outdoor life does make that easier. But everyone respected the measures in place. Manchester airport was very quiet. Strolled through security.

Yup, nobody has an issue wearing masks over there whether it's indoors or outdoors. I personally had no issue wearing them wherever.

In the UK some weirdo would take issue with you if you worse a mask outdoors in busy places.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.