Holiday advice

www.janetanscombe.com

Good website with daily updates
Here at moment and you feel much safer than UK. People abide by the legislation, bars close at midnight with everyone off the premises including staff. Most of cases are in the north of the island.
Los Americas is very quiet at moment, Los Cristianos is the busier of two but still much quieter than normal.
Might change as more flights arrive but I would say at moment its one of safest places to visit

An excellent site and thanks for the heads up. Mention of the Canarian government approving a law this week to require tourists to take covid tests before arrival. Not an easy one to comply with dependant on time frames mentioned of 48 - 76 hours.

An excellent site and thanks for the heads up. Mention of the Canarian government approving a law this week to require tourists to take covid tests before arrival. Not an easy one to comply with dependant on time frames mentioned of 48 - 76 hours.
If that comes into place then it's going to be a pain in the arse sorting out a test. Last I saw was £120 from Boots!

They have gone back into full lock down and that’s one of the things they stated.

“Social contacts will be limited to two households with a maximum of 10 people and tourism will be halted.
Overnight stays in hotels for tourist purposes is banned.”

Last edited:
Not been to either in years but Whitby or York for a 2 night break?
They’re both good shouts. My preference is York but we’ve enjoyed Whitby too. We’ve just come back from a few nights in Lincoln. That’s a decent place if you’ve never been.

We’ve got a trip just before In December to Reims for the markets but France is going into a minimum of a month’s lockdown so I think it’s sensible to cancel this before I have to pay the balance. I can always rebook if things change and go at short notice I suppose.

They’re both good shouts. My preference is York but we’ve enjoyed Whitby too. We’ve just come back from a few nights in Lincoln. That’s a decent place if you’ve never been.

We’ve got a trip just before In December to Reims for the markets but France is going into a minimum of a month’s lockdown so I think it’s sensible to cancel this before. I can always rebook if things change and go at short notice I suppose.

Cheers pal, I ended up booking a hotel in York but glad I have free cancellation and haven't paid yet as this "2nd lockdown" seems imminent.

Lincoln is lovely, I went there about 10 years a go.

Sorry to hear about your trip being cancelled.

If that comes into place then it's going to be a pain in the arse sorting out a test. Last I saw was £120 from Boots!
There is talk in fuerteventura that they will test on arrival here at a cost of approx 30e per person, result available in 20 minutes. Seems reasonable, would be a bit of shitter to get here and then get a positive result though.

There is talk in fuerteventura that they will test on arrival here at a cost of approx 30e per person, result available in 20 minutes. Seems reasonable, would be a bit of shitter to get here and then get a positive result though.
I heard about that, I'd probably risk it for €30 on arrival. Wonder what happens if you test positive though, kept in the airport and straight on the next flight home?

I heard about that, I'd probably risk it for €30 on arrival. Wonder what happens if you test positive though, kept in the airport and straight on the next flight home?
Imagine getting a flight home after a holiday and there's a couple of positives on it who have been turned round...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.