Holiday advice

UK holidays for the foreseeable for me.
Fortunate enough to have a self contained motorhome and been away quite a bit this summer.
Will miss the hot weather breaks but booking any hol abroad now is just too much of a gamble.
I live for my holidays in the sun but like you I'm not interested in booking anything, just the thought of spending the journey in a mask is enough to put me off, never mind the restrictions when you get to your destination, just not worth the mither.

I live for my holidays in the sun but like you I'm not interested in booking anything, just the thought of spending the journey in a mask is enough to put me off, never mind the restrictions when you get to your destination, just not worth the mither.

I had 10 days in Rhodes in August. Very little difference to previous years.

I think wearing masks on a plane and in an airport is gonna be around for a long time yet, maybe even years, so anyone not wanting to travel due to this should probably prepare themselves for no flying for the foreseeable.

For me, it's a very small inconvenience and going away is well worth it.

Horses for courses though.

I won’t be booking.
I see the airlines are just ignoring EU law now and if your voucher runs out before we are free of covid restrictions on travel then tough.
Will anything be refunded if travel agents go bust?

Assuming it's been booked through a tour operator via an agent, generally the tour operator just takes over the booking directly should the agency fail.

Canaries back on the list just in time for Christmas - Despite only Tenerife having higher cases. This will decimate the Tourist trade over there.

Last edited:
Canaries back on the list just in time for Christmas - Despite only Tenerife having higher cases. This will decimate the Tourist trade over there.
Sad news as entry requirements had been relaxed, PCR was proving difficult to accomplish for most travelers within a 72 hour window. Now it's a speedier TMA antigen test with same day results for £50-£60. All academical now.

Last edited:
Isolation period now cut to 10 days, with test and release cutting it down to 5.

All well and good but our glorious well run government have still not told us where we can get a test for the 5 day release this with just 5 days to go. I suppose they are seeing which tory MP's have a hand in the pvt testing industry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.