Holiday advice

The Mrs' family live abroad so it'd be nice for her to be able to get home at some point to see them safely. Doubt I'll bite the bullet on a holiday this summer, I intend on saving up a bit more and doing a good 3 weeker next year, if my employer allows it.

Not flying anywhere this year. I foresee a few problems when flights start to move. Aircraft do not like to be parked for too long.

A pitot tube obstruction caused a fatal accident involving a Boeing 757 off Puerto Plata. In February 1996 all 189 on board died when the aircraft stalled following a loss of reliable air speed indication on the captain’s side. It appeared there was a pitot tube obstruction by debris from a small insect that was introduced in the pitot tube during the time the aircraft was on the ground (20 days). Mud dauber Wasps it was believed.

A pitot tube obstruction caused a fatal accident involving a Boeing 757 off Puerto Plata. In February 1996 all 189 on board died when the aircraft stalled following a loss of reliable air speed indication on the captain’s side. It appeared there was a pitot tube obstruction by debris from a small insect that was introduced in the pitot tube during the time the aircraft was on the ground (20 days). Mud dauber Wasps it was believed.

If we don’t die of Covid we die with our speedos packed on route to Portugal, fuck me glad I’m going to Whitby now you miserable fuckers:)

If we don’t die of Covid we die with our speedos packed on route to Portugal, fuck me glad I’m going to Whitby now you miserable fuckers:)
A year of furlough. It should be fun : /

hYP5RTM.gif

I hadn't seen that link but thanks for posting. It just seemed logical to me that there could be problems. As I said aircraft do not like sitting around. They may get the odd fly around, but nothing compared to flying regularly. I hope I'm wrong, and everything is ok, but I won't be flying this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.