Holiday advice

Yeah last couple of days haven't been great but they are still comfortably below that 20 threshold.
If it continues into next week then we might have potential issues.

Myself and my mate, who were initially due to go to Gran Canaria on the weekend of 25/9, which we then rebooked for Crete, are now doing Perugia (?) that weekend, and Italy aren't a million miles away from the 20 per 100k limit.
If that goes belly up then I think the plan is to rebook for Krakow.

Holidays are stressful but I bring it on myself by booking so many trips during a pandemic haha

Yeah definitely if it continues into next week. If my maths is correct.. a week of 300+ cases per day average will put it above the threshold.

I think you're right about Poland, it looks like the safest option at the moment in terms of not being cancelled.

Poland as a country looks fine, but even on the FCO website they make a point of Krakow having higher numbers than the rest of the country and additional measures/restrictions are in place in the city.

Would be so typical if we moved it to Krakow and then that got removed haha

The waiting game begins....

Does anyone know the situation with Spain at the moment? Supposed to be going to Ibiza in October but unlikely to be able to go as my other half can't quaratine for 14 days, upon return, as she would have to take it as unpaid leave. Can you still travel there? Is so, is anything open & what are the local restrictions? Flight is booked with Ryan Air, was booked a year ago, are they cancelling flights to Spain at the moment or still running them to keep the money?
Spain is on the quarantine list.

Yeah last couple of days haven't been great but they are still comfortably below that 20 threshold.
If it continues into next week then we might have potential issues.

Myself and my mate, who were initially due to go to Gran Canaria on the weekend of 25/9, which we then rebooked for Crete, are now doing Perugia (?) that weekend, and Italy aren't a million miles away from the 20 per 100k limit.
If that goes belly up then I think the plan is to rebook for Krakow.

Holidays are stressful but I bring it on myself by booking so many trips during a pandemic haha
Current Covid rate as of today is 17 per 100k in Italy. Steady rise every week over last month or so.

I think this thread began it's humble days back in Cyprus and is is now one of only a few places deemed safe to travel. I think the figures are 3 cumulative cases per 100,000 for the previous 7 days but some of this is attributable to limited testing. A very nice place is Cyprus and they drive on the right hand side and even have proper plug sockets. As an addendum a covid test is required prior to travel which is fair enough considering our own rates.

Last edited:
Yeah the world is a very small place at the moment.

Presently, and please do correct me if I'm wrong as it changes frequently, we can only travel to the following short haul countries/areas without issue at either end;

Germany
Poland
Parts of Greece
Turkey
Italy
Sweden

We can also go to Cyprus, Madeira, Azores but have to provide a negative test within 72 hours of travel which is quite prohibitive for a lot of people.

Further afield, I think some Caribbean islands are ok as well but again with arrival restrictions like providing negative tests etc
Cuba might be fine as long as you arrive at a holiday airport.
Maldives is gearing up to re-open, subject to mass testing arrivals.

It's really hard to see when the likes of America, Canada, south America, UAE, south east Asia, Australia, New Zealand etc will freely open their borders again.

I've got a fortnight in Bali booked for February and I'm very unsure that will happen. I understand Indonesia is about to go into a 2nd lockdown which should help bring their spiralling figures down but who knows.
Slightly more confident about the 11 nights in Egypt this November but again who knows.

I'm a bit of a nomad so all these restrictions are like a dagger to my travel heart but thems the breaks and this COVID19 story is nowhere near finished yet.

I think this thread began it's humble days back in Cyprus and is is now one of only a few places deemed safe to travel. I think the figures are 3 cumulative cases per 100,000 for the previous 7 days but some of this is attributable to limited testing. A very nice place is Cyprus and they drive on the right hand side and even have proper plug sockets. As an addendum a covid test is required prior to travel which is fair enough considering our own rates.

Really like Cyprus and seems the safe bet for a holiday at the moment. We should've gone there but the Mrs is a drama queen and refused even the thought of getting tested beforehand.

Really like Cyprus and seems the safe bet for a holiday at the moment. We should've gone there but the Mrs is a drama queen and refused even the thought of getting tested beforehand.

Greece was a random test affair and a giant chap in a butchers apron and wellies stood outside customs waiting to pull anyone previously designated on the PLF or passenger locator form. If this happened you had to be quickly tested then quarantine in your own hotel until the next day. If no one contacted you were good to go. Thankfully we avoided big old Dexter but to be fair, given the choice we would sooner be tested within 72 hours of departure in the UK and not have the worry of being shipped of to an isolation pod abroad. With Cyprus you test over here to satisfy their cat B requirement and are straight in with minimum fuss. If you do test positive with the UK test then TUI will cover you 100% with their Covid promise. Speaking of TUI a woman rang this morning to apologise for not recognising us both on their flight manifest and said our cheque has been authorized and sent out in the post. She also apologized for any and all inconvenience caused and wished us a pleasant day. Good service and thank you.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.