Holiday advice

I fail to see the logic in this also. Fly out to tenerife on Tuesday for week and have to quarantine for 2 weeks on return. Feel much safer going out there than I will travelling in the uk.
I’m in Tenerife now for a couple of weeks, its great. Brilliant weather and feels safe. Proper Covid protocols in place and being properly policed. Safer than the UK imo and plenty of people about in the Los Cristianos end as a lot of Canarian locals and UK/Irish ex-pats live there. less so in Costa Adeje and Las Americas is dead, as those resorts are more dependent on hotels, package deals and airlines like Jet2.
My flight from Manchester was full of Scousers so you’ll be in good company

Anyone been all inclusive in the last few months or know what the deal is with all inclusive resorts at the minute?

Do you still have the ability to help yourself to food and drinks throughout the day or are places operating a table service now?

found a cracking deal to the all inclusive we been to a few times in Lanzarote so just wondering what everyone’s recent experiences are?

I’m in Tenerife now for a couple of weeks, its great. Brilliant weather and feels safe. Proper Covid protocols in place and being properly policed. Safer than the UK imo and plenty of people about in the Los Cristianos end as a lot of Canarian locals and UK/Irish ex-pats live there. less so in Costa Adeje and Las Americas is dead, as those resorts are more dependent on hotels, package deals and airlines like Jet2.

i'm staying in los cristianos as normal, only got week due to quarantine on return. looking forward to a week in sun and just chilling out. i quite like the idea of less tourists, means bars hopefully are quieter and it looks really safe on what i have heard or seen. enjoy your break away

Anyone been all inclusive in the last few months or know what the deal is with all inclusive resorts at the minute?

Do you still have the ability to help yourself to food and drinks throughout the day or are places operating a table service now?

found a cracking deal to the all inclusive we been to a few times in Lanzarote so just wondering what everyone’s recent experiences are?
Just back from a Rhodes AI.

All staff in masks as guests, we had to wear masks and disposable plastic gloves in the buffet until sat down. The a la carts on-site just had a bit of larger spacing around the tables. The only other differences were rooms being deep cleaned after guests had left and tea/coffee & minibar weren't filled unless you requested them.

All in all we felt pretty safe at the hotel 75% limited capacity and out and about in local villages. We kept clear of Rhodes town this time.

It was a gamble flying but hopefully worth it.

Just back from a Rhodes AI.

All staff in masks as guests, we had to wear masks and disposable plastic gloves in the buffet until sat down. The a la carts on-site just had a bit of larger spacing around the tables. The only other differences were rooms being deep cleaned after guests had left and tea/coffee & minibar weren't filled unless you requested them.

All in all we felt pretty safe at the hotel 75% limited capacity and out and about in local villages. We kept clear of Rhodes town this time.

It was a gamble flying but hopefully worth it.
Cheers mate, appreciate that info

I've done 2 all inclusives since July.

Both occasions you couldn't serve yourself food at the buffet; you'd go up and basically point or ask what you wanted and the staff dished it up for you.

Think self service drinks are mostly a no-no too but this could vary from hotel to hotel.

No issue for me and certainly wouldn't put me off booking an all inclusive, especially if you've found a good deal.

I've done 2 all inclusives since July.

Both occasions you couldn't serve yourself food at the buffet; you'd go up and basically point or ask what you wanted and the staff dished it up for you.

Think self service drinks are mostly a no-no too but this could vary from hotel to hotel.

No issue for me and certainly wouldn't put me off booking an all inclusive, especially if you've found a good deal.
Cheers mate, sounds fair enough that.

Canaries and Denmark added to safe list.

Fuerteventura booked for 8 nights for half term on Saturday.

I’d finally managed to convince the mrs that we should go to Berlin for the kids for the Christmas markets this December and then this is just announced. its A bit dicey this holiday booking business ;-(

Berlin has cancelled one of its most popular Christmas markets - which normally attracts almost a million visitors each year - as Germany registered a record 11,827 new Covid-19 infections within 24 hours, the Times (paywall) reports, as the city steels itself for a second lockdown.

We've just changed our Madeira flights for November back to the Canaries again, only had to pay £25 total to move them.

Paired it up with another bargain TUI hotel only deal....£20pppn all inclusive from 21st to 28th Nov.

Still seems to work across various dates but as ever it's at your own risk ;)

Tui Gran can.PNG

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.