Holidays

Summer 2025 will likely be released around November this year, assuming it follows similar patterns.

If you can only travel during peak season, book as soon as they are released (be that Tui, Jet2 Holidays, Easyjet holidays, whoever)
Agreed, depends on circumstances but families that travel in the 6 weeks holidays have to be very savvy. Otherwise it's a scramble for last min deals where the room is at the back of a resort rather than near where the amenities are on the AI ones.

Flexibility is definitely important where possible, but to say not to book in advance is ridiculous.
TUI at the moment have a lot of hotel allocation they need to sell off, hence there are some good deals kicking around for people who aren't fussed when and where they can travel.
But that's just the nature of the beast for late deals; the prices can be very good but its a gamble you take.

For those people who aren't in the camp of happy to go anywhere at anytime (which is most people), they are much better off booking well in advance, generally speaking.
Particularly anyone looking to travel during any peak travel periods (summer school hols, Xmas etc)
I'm fortunate to not be tied to school holidays and whatnot and I still always book well ahead of time, and rarely if ever get caught out financially by doing so. Quite the opposite in fact.
The late deal market is rapidly shrinking in this post Covid travel world too.

Good luck with that conversation in November, you're gonna need it.
Disagree with November hustings mate, pretty sure we'll achieve a similar result to last year. only much much cheaper than what is offered now at a 50% premium, our money might as well sit in the bank than TUI'S pocket. And if they dont comply, then we'll go in January to the Reef. No mither.

If you can point me in the way of some good advance package deals for October any board anywhere, then I would be more than interested for a heads up. I know you've pulled off some incredible advance deals, but they have to be far and few between .. unless your connected.

Had some wicked last minute TUI over the last few years with the pennisular hotel Cancun coming to mind, A.I for a ton a night each with an incredible suite with jackusi sea view and flights included.

g3VEAvO.jpg

Or maybe our right of passage Malia adventure with the young guns for £140 pp ten nights, that admitedly was on the basic side of the street, but comfortable persay. An 11 day repostioning cruise on the Indy to lauderdale, inside cabin for £595 each calling at azores, bahamas etc with an option to stay over in lauderdale for a no cost option.

We stayed over 4 nights as we were meeting up with our canadian chums from Bolton, who we met at carmen. We bagged a double tree hilton room overlooking the canal with room and balcony as big as a house, with seperate large kitchen and on one of the water-taxi stops @£50 pound a night. Fifty pound a nights insane when you consider we buy into a travelodge over here for the same. I guess the Americans take no prisoners or nonesense when it comes down to accomadation.

Deals are out there, but honestly they were expensive a few month back, hence my suprised post, so the operators must be having to cut and trim to attract the masses. Each to their own but we have never really acheived parity with booking early, and if theres no deals when we want to travel, we sit on our hands and go the month after. Let the deal come to you. Having said all of the above I cant come close to your escapades with you being the Moons Judith Chalmers, so imagine your in the trade.

We prefer the abroad crack as we believe Europeans have the best beach breaks, even if we have the best countryside vistas. Last year we had a few Haven jollies to the Lakes and cornwall, northumberland holy island and Scotland and we enjoyed them all, but not as much as oversea.

This year we booked four Haven silver caravans with balconies for utter pennies to Blackpool, North wales and the Broads as we could not for the life of us see any movent with TUI or Jet2, who were living in dream land with their ambitious pricing.

Again thats why I posted the last as they're now begining to come back to their senses. I get that overheads and costings have increased to inordinate levels, with aviation fuel being the killer, but pricing yourself out of the market doesn't acheive diddly squat in a cost of living crisis.

Anyway fast track this year and we have managed to bail on our remaining three Haven holidays, as we received an email saying they changed their terms and conditions. I understand that a lot of folk would sooner set fire to their toes than visit, but we seem to enjoy .. however not any more! Their new terms conditions section 2g say that dogs can now come into the restauraunts and dining areas on camp, and for us thats just a bridge too far.

We love dogs, truly we do ..we just don't wish to dine with them: Eternal shame Haven..eternal shame!

Last edited:
Hard to unpack all those pararaphs above haha

Again, I can only wish you good luck in your quest to blag a good Xmas deal in November.
If the prices are too high now in April for Christmas, it's quite ambitious to think they will have dropped by November for what is a super peak travel period.

There are and always will be late deals available, but these are generally for people who can travel anytime, from any airport and don't particularly care about the destination, or resort, hotel, room type, flight times etc etc
Most people aren't in that position (or don't want to be in that position), and if they aren't they should probably book well in advance, especially if they have to travel during peak periods or they want certain hotels or flights.

Just going on TUI now and you can get a week in Zante next month for well under £200pp.

1682115208860.png

So it's not a case of no late deals, but they are not as readily available and it's very much only really applicable for a small section of holidaymakers/gamblers.

You've mentioned going in October somewhere but you're kinda in no mans land at the moment; it's too far away to be a late deal, and too close to be an early booking (given October 2023 has been on sale for ages)....probably best off just sitting tight for now until summer is over and then see what the tour ops might dump in price.

Repositioning cruises are always cheap due to the nature of them, either as early or late bookings (examples of both below but look how cheap Miami to Lisbon is next April)
Sometimes they almost give them away.
1682115882013.png
1682116054757.png

On a final note, I prefer dogs over people so I would certainly rather dine with pooches :)

Has anyone got any recommendations for the Lake District must be dog friendly im pretty flexible on where to go just want to get sone good walks in with the pooch

Love Turkey too,been looking at flight times though and they are all a bit shite from Manchester.

Have a great time.
Mix up the destination and durations and there are a good few day flights available. Example Saturday 13th May flight from Manchester to Dalaman out at 14:00 and returning back from Dalaman 15:30.

Some fair to middling A.I deals too, such as Julian Forest Suites Icemeler for £535 for 11 nights with 32k of luggage and coach transfers. They are offering private taxi transfers return for £35 a person which for Turkey is a big help.

Mix up the destination and durations and there are a good few day flights available. Example Saturday 13th May flight from Manchester to Dalaman out at 14:00 and returning back from Dalaman 15:30.

Some fair to middling A.I deals too, such as Julian Forest Suites Icemeler for £535 for 11 nights with 32k of luggage and coach transfers. They are offering private taxi transfers return for £35 a person which for Turkey is a big help.
Good advice.

The Riviera Maya is gorgeous and some stunning hotels dotted along the coast all the way down to Tulum, but at the moment I wouldn't go anywhere near Playa del Carmen, 2 American tourists were killed there last week and the drug cartels have upped their fighting in recent weeks. The police and the cartels are having open gun battles along 5th Avenue constantly.
We discovered the Riviera Maya back in 2004 and apart from Covid have been back every year. The North American market is very demanding so the quality of food, drink and accommodation is just superb. You can spend a lot but can also find great value For money resorts. I agree that PDC feels less safe, but personally have never seen any problems. Having said that we tend to avoid Spring break, pretty well stay on the resort and use organised tours. We’re going back at the end of May to Maroma beach…can’t wait.

I had forgot about this stuff when I replied to @vincent but it's actually the reason why we went to Cuba this time around and not Mexico.
Been to Playa a few times and loved it but I also just remembered that they are having a lot of issues with the seaweed lately.
Just got back last week from Royalton Cayo Santa Maria in Cuba and I probably won't bother going to any other resort in Cuba after this place.
Cheaper than anywhere other than the Dominican (which I won't go back to) and the #1 rated luxury,
adults only resort in Cuba.
The seaweed can be a problem ! Never tried Cuba but the Royalton resorts have a good reputation. We went to the Dom Rep last year and had a great time - but wouldn’t wander about too far. May well have a good look at Cuba.

Loved Cuba
Off to Thailand on Wednesday
Unfortunately flying when our game kicks off
Will be a nervous wreck

Are you flying Emirates? You may be able to watch to live - they have a live sports channel called sports 24. I watched the Southampton game on a flight recently.

Also very jealous of your Thailand adventure!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.