Holidays

Off to Nerja a week on Saturday. Never been there before but heard some great comments about the place.
Nice town and atmosphere. Great paella and fresh sardines on Burriana beach assuming it's the same as when I was last there 5 years ago. I seem to remember there's a really good Indian on or just off the main shopping/walking street.

Off to Turkey tomorrow Turkler, Analya area. Dreading it never ever wanted to go Turkey but she booked it. I'd be excited if I was off to the Greek Islands or Spanish Islands.

We’re going to Tenerife in February and will be there for the Derby game. It looks like the City bar in los Cristianos is closed. Does anyone know of another City Bar in Tenerife, or if the Beach Cabin Bar is still open
There was one underneath the City bar as well.

Off to Turkey tomorrow Turkler, Analya area. Dreading it never ever wanted to go Turkey but she booked it. I'd be excited if I was off to the Greek Islands or Spanish Islands.
Turkey is absolutely brilliant.
The people are great.
Brilliant food .
And you can buy a city top for 15 quid

As brtd says mate, I was a bit like that having gone to Greece and the islands for years, it’s not far up the coast from where we mainly go and we love it, got our next three holidays already booked.

Turkey is absolutely brilliant.
The people are great.
Brilliant food .
And you can buy a city top for 15 quid
The people (well, men between 16-50) are definitely not great, vile bunch the lot of em, vowed never to go back, but got a fab deal for Olu Deniz, but going all inclusive so I can avoid the scum. Though true on buying a City top for 15 quid..

What's the situation with the Russians? Are they still travelling in numbers and if so are they mainly Antalya area? Wouldn't mind a cheeky fortnight in Dalaman come September if they were sparse on the ground.

@liveandletdive we haven't had the misfortune of a bad encounter with Johnny Turk and all of them amenable and friendly to a man .. as you would be if you were catering to the tourist market.

Last edited:
What's the situation with the Russians? Are they still travelling in numbers and if so are they mainly Antalya area? Wouldn't mind a cheeky fortnight in Dalaman come September if they were sparse on the ground.

@liveandletdive we haven't had the misfortune of a bad encounter with Johnny Turk and all of them amenable and friendly to a man .. as you would be if you were catering to the tourist market.
I was in Antalya in June and it's full of them. I assume there are no travel restrictions there as most of the flights on the departure board seemed of Russian decent. Interestingly there was an incident in the Hotel where somebody shouted something in support of Ukraine and all the Russians there were adamant the whole thing is in self defence , completely swallowed all the propaganda they have been given.

I was in Antalya in June and it's full of them. I assume there are no travel restrictions there as most of the flights on the departure board seemed of Russian decent. Interestingly there was an incident in the Hotel where somebody shouted something in support of Ukraine and all the Russians there were adamant the whole thing is in self defence , completely swallowed all the propaganda they have been given.
Fair enough. I think they must be running thin on the ground of places to visit. Maybe Egypt and Goa are still on the cards?

The people (well, men between 16-50) are definitely not great, vile bunch the lot of em, vowed never to go back, but got a fab deal for Olu Deniz, but going all inclusive so I can avoid the scum. Though true on buying a City top for 15 quid..
Olu Deniz is best place I've been in Turkey....might be a bit disappointed if night clubs are your thing though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.