Holidays

Just back from 10 days in Croatia. Flew into Rijeka then spent a couple of nights on Krk and then ferry over to Rab. Beautiful weather and beautiful coastline. Rab Town was stunning as well.

So many Germans there camping. It's about a 6hr drive from Munich and then a 1hr20 ferry over to Rab. All the Croatians were speaking fluent German as well which was odd, but cater for where the money comes from I guess!

Enjoyed it though. Lovely to get some sun.

Thankfully managed to swerve all this ATC chaos, and landed back from Podgorica as scheduled today.
Found Montenegro to be a fascinating place; much more green and mountainous than I imagined, and definitely somewhere I'll return to in the future and see much more of the country.

Budva is very nice too.
It's quite (relatively) touristy, but it is nice wandering around and not constantly hearing British accents.
Was a tad hungover after watching us scrape past Sheff Utd, followed by the barcodes/dippers match, and found myself wide awake by 5am.
Instead of wallowing in bed (which was very tempting), I took the opportunity to head to Budva seafront and old town and snap some shots sans tourists.

View attachment 91888

View attachment 91889

View attachment 91890

View attachment 91891

The Iberostar hotel I stayed at was very nice, with a cracking rooftop bar and pool.
Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

View attachment 91893
Very nice mate

Madrid for a week in September the Monday after the Fulham game.
Booked all my visits online.The first time I have done this so I have my days filled with things to do.
Tuesday..Thyssen and the Royal collection gallery.
Wednesday...Tour to San Lorenzo.
Thursday...The Prado.
Friday....Tour to Toledo.
Saturday....Museum Sorolla and a Sorolla exhibition at the Royal Palace.
Sunday....Liria Palace.
It makes me get out and about and no days wasted doing nothing

Hope it works out.
You seem to have it all sorted, it's a lovely city, but a trip to Segovia would have been worth it.

Madrid has a great Metro system, so you'd simply take that to Charmartin, then a fast train 30 mins to Segovia station, and a short bus ride drops you off in the town centre by the amazing aqueduct. The Cathedral and Alcazar would be the main sites to visit, plus it's a nice town to wander around.

You'll have a great time as it is and safe travels. Would love to be going over there again, so a little envious.

You seem to have it all sorted, it's a lovely city, but a trip to Segovia would have been worth it.

Madrid has a great Metro system, so you'd simply take that to Charmartin, then a fast train 30 mins to Segovia station, and a short bus ride drops you off in the town centre by the amazing aqueduct. The Cathedral and Alcazar would be the main sites to visit, plus it's a nice town to wander around.

You'll have a great time as it is and safe travels. Would love to be going over there again, so a little envious.

Attachments

• Aqueduct...jpg
    Aqueduct...jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Aqueduct.jpg
    Aqueduct.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 14

Exactly what we did in February- Segovia is a beautiful city.

Anyone visited Peru and has some recommendations? Very flexible and 3 weeks time in total.
I am definitely going on the hike with the Natourandes in order to do the famous inca trail .
What other thing are "must" to see/do in the country? Should i rent a car or public transport is enough?
Appreciate some tips.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.