Holidays

Alaska cruise in May book-ended by pre-cruise stays in Vancouver (Fairmont Waterfront) and Seattle - cruise company paid, balcony, bath and all the bollocks plus 30 drinks a day beverage package and excursions. Rounded off by a week in Valencia in October. Can't complain.

Alaska cruise in May book-ended by pre-cruise stays in Vancouver (Fairmont Waterfront) and Seattle - cruise company paid, balcony, bath and all the bollocks plus 30 drinks a day beverage package and excursions. Rounded off by a week in Valencia in October. Can't complain.
Just 30 drinks a day...fucking lightweight ;)

Anyone visited Peru and has some recommendations?
Very flexible and 3 weeks time in total

I went about 10 years ago. Flew into Lima via Miami then went to Cusco and did Machu Picchu. Was only there for about a week iirc before flying over to Argentina.

You could do Lake Titicaca, go into the Amazon but it's all about the Inca trail really. Miraflores is a nice part of Lima, otherwise it's kind of a mad sprawl!

Personally I'd look to do a week in Peru hitting Cusco and going to Machu Picchu - can do a day trip or several days of hiking. Then I'd head on to Bolivia or go somewhere else in South America if you haven't seen other places before!

That's just me though, I'm not one to soak up all the sights and spend ages in one place!

I went about 10 years ago. Flew into Lima via Miami then went to Cusco and did Machu Picchu. Was only there for about a week iirc before flying over to Argentina.

You could do Lake Titicaca, go into the Amazon but it's all about the Inca trail really. Miraflores is a nice part of Lima, otherwise it's kind of a mad sprawl!

Personally I'd look to do a week in Peru hitting Cusco and going to Machu Picchu - can do a day trip or several days of hiking. Then I'd head on to Bolivia or go somewhere else in South America if you haven't seen other places before!

That's just me though, I'm not one to soak up all the sights and spend ages in one place!

Sounds great. What did you make of Argentina, and what places did you see out there?

Sounds great. What did you make of Argentina, and what places did you see out there?

I had about two weeks in total and managed to do Peru and Machu Picchu before flying to Iguazu (Brazil side) and going over to Argentina to do the Argentinian side. I then headed up to Rio and Ilha Grande. Bit of annual leave/christmas shut down so didn't do anywhere near as much as I wanted to. From the little of Argentina I experienced it was fantastic. Steak, chips and red wine...can't really beat it! Iguazu was absolutely stunning as well.

I would love to go back to South America to see more of Argentina and go to Chile as well but I've got young kids now so no chance I can afford it for a while!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.