Holidays

Yep. Was supposed to be a two-nighter but my youngest daughter has started a new job and we couldn't make the Friday flight.

Fly out early Saturday, get the return flight late on Sunday - it's pretty much two days in Geneva. We've done it before for Barcelona and Paris and will be doing it for Venice next year.

We go on so many short beaks that I have to maximise annual leave vs cost etc, so sometimes one night works well. Looking at the prices in Switzerland, it's probably a good thing :)

I'm sure plenty of blues travel to European games for one night, or maybe return the same day in some cases.
Am going Geneva week on Sunday for 3 nights then looking at a flight somewhere warmer possibly. Looks a nice city but like you say expensive , but then again most European cities are

Am going Geneva week on Sunday for 3 nights then looking at a flight somewhere warmer possibly. Looks a nice city but like you say expensive , but then again most European cities are
Spanish cities are very reasonably priced generally, Italy similarly. Been to Copenhagen which was eye-wateringly expensive and I think Geneva will be the same. Looking forward to it all the same.

Spanish cities are very reasonably priced generally, Italy similarly. Been to Copenhagen which was eye-wateringly expensive and I think Geneva will be the same. Looking forward to it all the same.
Yeah I went Copenhagen but compared to Oslo and Reykjavik I found it slightly cheaper. Am looking at flying to Tenerife possibly from there so less expensive to go home on. Hotels in Geneva generally give free public transport tickets which gets you a good view of the lake and city I guess

Yeah I went Copenhagen but compared to Oslo and Reykjavik I found it slightly cheaper. Am looking at flying to Tenerife possibly from there so less expensive to go home on. Hotels in Geneva generally give free public transport tickets which gets you a good view of the lake and city I guess
Yes, we received the free transport pass a couple of days ago. Having said that, it's a pretty small city so I don't know how much we'll use it, but at least we can get to and from the airport on the train without it.

Airport is only 5 mins on train as well, another advantage.

I'll post back with my findings next week and there will be a video on my YouTube channel - but not before your visit.

Am staying in the c
Yes, we received the free transport pass a couple of days ago. Having said that, it's a pretty small city so I don't know how much we'll use it, but at least we can get to and from the airport on the train without it.

Airport is only 5 mins on train as well, another advantage.

I'll post back with my findings next week and there will be a video on my YouTube channel - but not before your visit.
Am staying in the city for 2 nights then one night by airport as my tenerife flight is 6am and no shuttle buses and don't want to rely on a taxi that early in the morning. Yeah I'll probably just use the pass for getting over the lake and back and to from the airport. I'll look out for your video. What's the YouTube channel?

In some ways, but we get a lot out of these trips. No taking it easy on the first day, just get stuck in!

I'm with you mate, I actually once did Venice for a day - flew the first flight out of Stansted and last flight back! Walked miles, crammed as much in as we could and enjoyed it a lot. Had a snooze on the flight back! Had two very young children my wife didn't want to leave for a night (nutter) so just went for it.

Some people find the stress of travelling means they want more time in a place, and whilst I'll admit one day was a stretch, it was still worth it! I've done a few one night trips around Europe and whilst I'm sure I missed plenty those places had to offer, I got a change of scene and enjoyed them.

Am staying in the c

Am staying in the city for 2 nights then one night by airport as my tenerife flight is 6am and no shuttle buses and don't want to rely on a taxi that early in the morning. Yeah I'll probably just use the pass for getting over the lake and back and to from the airport. I'll look out for your video. What's the YouTube channel?
RobOnHoliday.

Video should be on some time in the next 6 weeks. We've got a lot still stored up including a lot of UK breaks.

Sounds like a great holiday - 3 nights in Geneva and then on to Tenerife.

I'm with you mate, I actually once did Venice for a day - flew the first flight out of Stansted and last flight back! Walked miles, crammed as much in as we could and enjoyed it a lot. Had a snooze on the flight back! Had two very young children my wife didn't want to leave for a night (nutter) so just went for it.

Some people find the stress of travelling means they want more time in a place, and whilst I'll admit one day was a stretch, it was still worth it! I've done a few one night trips around Europe and whilst I'm sure I missed plenty those places had to offer, I got a change of scene and enjoyed them.
All on the same day! Now that is commitment.

No doubt that you miss a few things by doing only one night. But you get to sample a place, and if you do your research beforehand, you make a list of the things you really don't ant to miss and get on with it.

It helps that we are not really into museums and prefer to look at the architecture, parks and squares etc. Been in a few museums that are good, but most of our time is spent wandering around places with occasional stops for food and drink.

All on the same day! Now that is commitment.

No doubt that you miss a few things by doing only one night. But you get to sample a place, and if you do your research beforehand, you make a list of the things you really don't ant to miss and get on with it.

It helps that we are not really into museums and prefer to look at the architecture, parks and squares etc. Been in a few museums that are good, but most of our time is spent wandering around places with occasional stops for food and drink.

It was pretty full on, but with young kids when else were we going to go to Venice?! Couldn't lug a buggy round there too easily!

Yeah I'm not into museums. You get plenty of these "travellers" who think you have to go and see every inch of a place to truly have seen it. But you could be anywhere in the world if you are in a museum - it's just a collection of certain things. I have a short attention span so get bored quite quickly. Did the Natural History museum in London and was bored after about 10 minutes. Once you've seen one set of bones you've seen them all!

Would sooner go and see the main architectural/historical sights and grab a drink whilst soaking in the atmosphere and you don't tend to need much time to do that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.